Tuesday, July 29, 2014

NYC New York Color City Samba Collection Summer 2014

Today I have a few things that NYC New York Color sent me from their new City Samba Collection for Summer 2014. This collection will available in stores from June 2014 to September 2014.

The entire collection consists of 3 Liquid Lipshine Lipglosses retailing for $1.99 each, 2 Sun n' Bronze Bronzing Powders retailing for $4.99 each, 8 In A New York Color Minute Quick Dry Nail Polishes retailing for $1.99 each, and 3 Showtime Nail Art colors retailing for $1.99 each. I don't have the complete collection but they sent me quite a bit from it to show you. I am so excited for this collection because to me it just screams what summer is all about. This is a limited edition color collection inspired by the vibrancy of Brazil!! YAY!!

Well, here goes...I have 4 of the polishes, 1 bronzer, and 1 lipgloss to show you and I can't wait to tell you all about them!



First I have Palm On The Beach. This is a green color that is really more green than is pictured here. Shown is 2 coats and no topcoat. The formula is great, it goes on smoothly and there is no streaks.





Next is Jacaranda Flower. This one is a really pretty purple cream. Shown is also 2 coats with no topcoat. Again the formula was great with no streaks.






The third color I received from this collection is Sweet Melon. This is almost exactly as it's name says. It is a peachy melon color with a bit of shimmer. Great formula with this one as well and no streaks. Shown is 2 coats with no topcoat.






The last nail color I received in this collection was Tropicoral. It is a beautiful coral pink cream. Formula was also great and no streaks here either. Shown is 2 coats with no topcoat.


I also received on of the Sun 'n' Bronze bronzers in Rosa Rio. This one is a perfect one for my skin tone and I was really happy to get it. I have been using it in place of my blush to give me just a bit of a bronze color to my face. Rosa Rio has a bit of shimmer in it so you get that nice "glow" when you wear this one.

In this pic above I thought I'd show you a pic of what a nice bronze color you get when you apply and build it up. To the left is the back of my hand with no bronzer on it, on the right I apply a generous amount of bronzer to show you the nice shade you can achieve. Now I don't apply this much when I wear it on my face, like I said, I've been using as a blush and then in a few spots on my face where the sun may hit me. The cheeks get just a tad more than the rest but I think it gives me nice results.


The last item I received was one of the Liquid Lipshine Lipglosses from this collection. This one is Passion Fruit. It is a pinky peach with shimmer. It has a nice paddle wand for application and it even has a pleasant "fruity" smell that is subtle. It gives you just a hint of color with wicked shine. It is not sticky or goopy and does not leave your lips feeling dry once it wears off. I really like this one and use it when I just want a hint of color on my lips.

Overall I loved everything I received and I think this collection is just a fun collection. The only problem I had was catching the true color of Palm On The Beach with my camera and Sweet Melon also is not as bright as it is in my pictures above, it is slightly lighter, more of a melon shade. The formulas on all the bottles I received were great, I had no issues with application at all. They all also dried super fast, they aren't kidding when they say in a New York Minute!! The brozer is perfect for me and I think I will get a lot of use out of it year round (to add a bit of color in the winter and to emphasize my color in the summer). I loved the lipgloss, it was just the perfect shade for me and it wasn't sticky or thick which I love because I hate sticky lipglosses and I won't wear them. This was a complete success for me with the whole lot of things I got from this collection. If you haven't tried any of them I suggest you run out and grab some before they are all gone!!





No comments:

Post a Comment