Thursday, February 13, 2014

A Navy & Silver mani

Ok, so I haven't posted a NOTD that I did for my Mom in a while because I always forget to take pics or it gets too late to take pics. Well this time I remembered!

Here is a cute mani I did for my Mom recently inspired by one I seen online somewhere (sorry I can't remember where I seen it) but this one is slightly different than the original online.

We started out with a base of Zoya Sailor, which btw I had just gotten and haven't even had a chance to try it myself but she wanted to use it, what am I supposed to say...she's Mom so I couldn't say no, lol! Once the 2 coats of Sailor were dry I applied some silver striping tape to the lower portion of the nail to create a divide. Then I applied 2 coats of OPI Pirouette My Whistle for the glitter. Then added a topcoat of Out The Door to seal and quick dry (it was getting late at night so we wanted quick dry).

Zoya Sailor is a gorgeous navy blue cream and it applied so smoothly. I was not surprised by this because Zoya's formula is amazing and Zoya is one of my favorite brands of all time! I have never really had any problems with any Zoya polish that I've tried or owned. I can even say that even the ones I've owned for awhile and have sat still have great application and formula. Just roll it gently in the palm of your hands to mix and voila! I can't wait to try this one out on myself and see how it looks on me.

OPI Pirouette My Whistle is a gorgeous glitter topper that has silver micro glitter in a clear almost clear with shimmer base and white hex glitters. The only complaint I have about this one is that the white hex glitters are heavier so they always sink to the bottom of the bottle and I have to shake it good and leave it turned upside down so that they can mix with the rest again. Also you have to fish to get them out so you usually don't get many of the white hex glitters on your nail (at least in my experience anyway).

Overall I think this mani turned out pretty good and for doing this later at night I'm impressed. Looking at it again the next day I totally fell in love with it and may have to do something like this on myself one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment