Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Zoya Kelly

Today I have another beauty I picked up on a trip to Ulta. I love my trips to Ulta because 1) I get to look at all the polish and usually come home with at least one, and 2) I love browsing the make-up. I have been picking up eyeshadow pallets. I have to say that after my last trip to Ulta my wallet is going to HATE me this year, I have seen so many gorgeous Urban Decay lipglosses, UD Naked pallets, Benefit mascaras, and OMG, the new polish collections coming out!!! I want them all!! Now to just figure out how to get it all and not make the wallet and hubby cry from all the money spent. Fortunately I've been lucky to purchase and just the right time with coupons and sales and then using reward point to redeem, SCORE!! Anyways....

This is Zoya Kelly. I saw this one sitting on the shelf in the polish section and it screamed to me. I thought, hmmm... I don't have any greys in my collection, I must rectify this now! So I snatched it up along with another beauty that I will show you at a later time and headed to the check out with my hands full of stuff. I was even lucky enough to score the cute little free gift with purchase Ulta had going on (with purchase of 2 Zoya polishes, while supplies lasted). The free gift with purchase included a mini Zoya matte topcoat, mini Zoya Anchor base coat, a mini Zoya Remove+, and a Hot Lips glossy lip balm in Flirt. LOVE IT!!!

Now to me the color in the bottle looked more like a medium gray with a slight blue undertone but once I put it on it looked like a dark gray with blue undertone. As you can see in the picture above I was able to really capture that blue undertone with the lighting. The formula was great just like all of their polishes are. It went on pretty smooth and was a beautiful cream. It dried in an average amount of time and had a nice glossy finish to it. I added a topcoat to seal and protect (and quick dry, lol).

Zoya polishes can be purchased at Ulta stores, in select salons, or on Zoya's website here. They retail for $9 for a full sized 0.5fl oz bottle, although I think my Ulta has them for $8 but on the site they are $9.


No comments:

Post a Comment