Thursday, August 14, 2014

Coastal Scents Revealed Eye Palette

Today I have for you an amazing eye palette that I discovered thanks to a friend. I had been wanting to buy the Naked palettes from Urban Decay but really could not afford to buy all of them, I had been saving all the extra money I could and finally had enough to buy one Naked palette but couldn't decide which one I wanted more. So I enlisted the help of some friends and asked opinions. One friend suggested I check out a post she came across done by Beauty Broadcast and you can check out that post here. She does a very good comparison between the Coastal Scents Revealed Palette and the Urban Decay Naked and Naked 2 palettes. This post and my friend's own experience with the Revealed palette is what swayed me to check them out.

I found that this Revealed palette was indeed very similar to the Naked and Naked 2 palettes and at just the fraction of the cost. What got me leaning even more to purchasing from Coastal Scents was that when I checked out their site I learned they had just come out with a Revealed 2 palette which is very similar to the Naked 3 palette (don't worry, you'll get to read my post on this one real soon!).

Coastal Scents Revealed palette is $19.95 regular price, they occasionally go on sale and you can sign up for "price alerts" on their site to alert you to the sales via email.

I was hooked!! So with the money I was going to spend on one Naked palette I decided I was going to spend on BOTH Revealed palettes!! Even with shipping (which was $8.95 for both palettes I believe) they still came in with a total price under the $54 price tag of one Naked palette. I was excited and couldn't wait until they arrived.

Shipping was a lot faster than I expected, even though I had read reviews and heard from others that their shipping is fast. I got my shipping notice email the next day, it was in the morning and I was not expecting it that quick but I was so excited that I think I squeeled when I read the email. Once it shipped I think it only took about 2 days to get to me and I just chose their standard shipping, I did not upgrade or pay extra for quicker shipping.

Once it arrived it was all packaged in a nice flat rate box. Inside they were wrapped so nicely in bubble wrap so that they didn't bang around in the shipping box. Each palette was in it's own individual palette box and inside Coastal Scents included a 4 color sample of some of their other shadows, a business card with their info on it, and a cute "I Love (it was actually a heart) makeup" sticker. I have yet to find the perfect place for this sticker so I am going to just hold on to it until I find it's perfect place, lol!

I opened up the palette and it was perfect, no damage at all! I was so impressed with their shipping and packaging! I ran my finger along a couple of the shades and tried them out on the back of my hand to get an idea of how pigmented they are. OMG!!! These babies are so smooth and pigmented that you barely have to use any to get nice color. I couldn't wait to try them out and see how they are when you apply them with a brush.

Testing these out right away the next day when I was applying my makeup was so easy. You really don't have to use a lot to get great color because they are so pigmented. There is a mix of matte shades, shimmers, and a few that are a little glittery. I didn't experience much fallout with application unless I put too much on my brush (which happened the first couple times until I got used to not having to put a lot on the brush). The more glittery/shimmery shades do have a tiny bit of fallout but it's nothing that is going to deter me from using these shades because they are so gorgeous. My advice is maybe apply your eye makeup before you do the rest, that way you can cover up any fallout with your foundation and powder.

Below is just a quick swatch of each shade to show you how pigmented they are and just how beautiful these colors are. Each swatch is just one swipe of a eyeshadow applicator on the color pot in the palette and then one swipe on the underside of my arm. I have numbered each shade on the palette for you and coordinated it with it's corresponding swatch on my arm.

If you are wanting to purchase the Naked palettes but haven't because of the price (like I was), try these out, they are a fraction of the cost and in my opinion just as good of quality (I will note that I don't own any Naked palettes for comparison but have tested a few shades out at Ulta on my hand to just see how they were).

When you sign up for an account at Coastal Scents you get points, you also earn points with each purchase, and you can use these points you collect for credits or an amount off of your next purchase. I will definitely be purchasing from Coastal Scents again. They sell all kinds of makeup, not just shadows and they sell brushes as well. I've gotten a couple Coastal Scents brushes in my Ipsy bags and I love them! Check out Coastal Scents' site here to purchase.

I hope you enjoyed this post and stay tuned for my post on the Coastal Scents Revealed 2 palette!!


No comments:

Post a Comment