Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Negative Space Nail Art with Zoya

Today I have a fun little negative space nail art I did with the Zoya Entice and Ignite collections. I am really just loving these colors for fall and will have another fun nail art post for you using these collections also.

First off let me explain the "negative space" nail art for those of you who don't know what that term means. Well, it means that in this nail art there are spaces where there is no color underneath your art, basically your bare nail is showing through. It's pretty simple and it's becoming quite popular lately. So with it's popularity I decided to jump on the bandwagon and do some negative space nail art too.

I decided to start out simple for my first negative space nail art mani. I used Zoya Margo from the Entice collection on my thumb, pointer finger, and pinky finger. Then I used Zoya Teigen from the Ignite collection on my ring finger. Then I decided that I was going to do the negative space art on my middle finger.

To do my negative space nail art I really just took two pieces of striping tape and placed them on my nail to create 3 different areas on my nail. Then I proceeded to fill in those spaces with different colors from the Ignite Collection. Starting at the base of my nail I used Zoya India, then the middle is Zoya Remy, and the tip of my nail is also Zoya Teigen.

Once I had my blocks filled in I removed my striping tape to reveal my "naked" nail below those stripes. I do have a base coat on but it's clear so you can still see my natural nail. You want to remove the striping tape right away before the polish dries so that it does not pull up any of the polish you want to stay on your nail, plus I think it gives you nice cleaner lines too.

Then I let that dry a bit. I didn't want to apply my top coat too soon because I didn't want the top coat to "pull" or make the polish smear, thus ruining my nice clean lines. Once it was dry enough I applied a top coat of Out The Door to all my nails to protect them and give them such nice shine.

I just love the way the Ignite collections sparkle with a shiny top coat!!

You can find all the polishes used here and all Zoya's other polishes here on Zoya's site. They retail for $9 each.

I hope you enjoyed this mani and stay tuned for more nail art using the new Fall 2014 Zoya Entice & Ignite collections!!

No comments:

Post a Comment