Thursday, January 30, 2014

A Fun Zoya Striped Mani

I just wanted to show you a cute little striped mani I did recently using Zoya Trixie and Purity. I wish I had thought more about it when I was doing this mani and took more pictures so that I could do a little tutorial on how I did this. So I guess I'll just have to explain it all to you. It really was fairly simple so I'm sure you all can figure it out.

I started out with Purity on my pinky, pointer, and thumb. I then put Trixie on my middle and ring fingers. Once they were all dry I took some striping tape and used this on the ring finger to create the design I made. I took the striping tape and just made an "X" over the whole finger, then in each of the points of the "X" I took more striping tape to create little chevrons.

Then once I had the striping tape placed where I wanted it I put a coat of Purity over everything. Then I took tweezers and carefully peeled off all the striping tape to reveal my design with Trixie beneath. I then waited for it to dry partly and applied my top coat. I then took and placed a clear rhinestone in the center of this design for an added touch.

I hope you all enjoyed this and were able to follow my instructions to re-create this your on your own. I will do a step by step tutorial on this design again in the future for you all.

Zoya polishes can be purchased at Ulta, on their site here, and select salons. They retail for $9 for a full sized 0.5fl oz bottle.

1 comment: