Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Nail Art with Zoya

Today I thought I'd show you a little nail art I did recently with some Zoyas from various collections. I seen something similar to this design on Instagram and for the life of me I can't find it again to give credit to the proper person for inspiring me. I did change it up a little bit so it was a little different from the original person's design but in essence it was inspired by their design.

I gathered my tools and polishes that I was going to be using and got down to business. I started out with a base color of Zoya Rue from the Naturel Collection, it is such a nice soft pinky mauve neutral and I find myself reaching for this shade more than I thought I ever would. Then I topped it with a quick dry topcoat because I was in a little bit of a hurry to get the design on (I was doing my mani a little later at night than I normally would and I wanted it to be dry so I could shower and head to bed).

Then I took a toothpick (I wanted to see if I could get smaller dots by using a toothpick versus using my dotting tools), after I had started the design I came to the conclusion that I probably could have used my really small dotting tool to get the desired dots I was looking for. Despite the dots being a bit bigger than I wanted I still continued to use the toothpick. First I dotted on the white and for this I used Zoya Purity, Purity is one of my all time favorite whites and I use it very often. You can see I just did the dots in a swirl design. Then for the other shade I used Zoya Marnie (I believe it's spelled wrong on my label because when you look it up on Zoya's site it's spelled Marnie) from the Naturel Deux collection. I did the same swirl design for the dots kind of diagonal from where I put the Purity ones.


Then just because I felt that it needed a little something extra I added a cute little flower to my thumbs. I used Purity for the center of the flower and Marnie for the petals of the flower. Once all of my design was mostly dry I added another coat of topcoat to seal it all in. I hope you liked this design, I know I did. I think I may do this one again and change it up a little bit just to make it more unique and my own.

You can purchase Zoya polishes at Ulta stores, select salons, and as always Zoya's site here. They retail for $9 for regular polishes and if you are interested in their textured PixieDust polishes those retail for $10 (you should check them out, they have a wide range of colors).



No comments:

Post a Comment