Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pacifica Red Red Wine

So this month in my September Ipsy bag I got this gorgeous red wine polish. When I seen the sneak peeks that they were putting out I was really hoping this one would show up in my bag. There was also a gorgeous lipstick that was put out in the sneak peeks that I was hoping to get too. I was so excited when I was able to go on Ipsy's site and view my Glam Room to see what would be coming in my bag and then even more excited when I saw I was getting both the polish and lipstick I was hoping for.

For those of you who don't know what Ipsy is I can explain. Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription that you sign up for. It costs $10 a month and they bill you on the first of the month every month. Shipping usually starts around the middle of the month and they start giving out little sneak peeks of what is all going to be in the bags for the month. They start the sneak peeks around the first of the month. Right around the 10th or 12th of the month they open up your "Glam Room" and it will show you what you will be getting in your bag. You get roughly 5 products in your bags and the items they choose for you are somewhat based on the beauty quiz you take when you sign up. Each product is usually a deluxe sized sample and there is usually at least one item that is full sized. You can re-take the quiz at any time if you are not satisfied with the types of products you are getting. Your products are packed inside a cute little make-up bag that is designed for the theme for the month. If you are interested in signing up I will give you my link here. Check out this link for more information and to sign up.


This is Red Red Wine from Pacifica. I had sort of heard of this brand through Ipsy but never had tried it before. From reading the bottle and packaging Pacifica polishes are 7 free and 100% vegan cruelty-free. This is a gorgeous red wine color that I think is absolutely perfect for fall and just for those of you who love a nice red. The formula on this was amazing and dry time was average. I used 2 coats of polish over a base coat and then topped with Out The Door topcoat.


As you will see in some of the pictures that cleanup on this was a little more difficult and I think that is because this is such a highly pigmented color that it sort of "stained" my skin. Not to worry though, the rest came off in the shower that evening and honestly there really wasn't much staining on my skin that I was worried enough about.

Pacifica carries a full line of beauty products and perfumes that you should check out. After I checked out their site I learned that they are available in various types of stores. In my area it looks like Whole Foods carry Pacifica products and a few little stores/salons. There is a store locater section on Pacifica's site so you can find a location near you. I also seen on their site that their polishes retail for $9 on the site but I can't say what cost is in a store (I would imagine that it would be about the same). These are such beautiful polishes that I may have to check out some of their other products. If you haven't tried them you should.



No comments:

Post a Comment