Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Nail Art with Zoya

Here is a little nail art I created with a few Zoya shades and some nail vinyls. I really loved the way this double accent nail turned out and I have a feeling that I will be creating more nail art this summer.

Colors used were Zoya Kitridge on my thumb, pointer finger, and pinky finger. Then I had a base of Zoya Purity on the middle finger and used Zoya Raven for the chevron design. I used Butter London Fairy Cake for my sparkly accent nail on my ring finger.

Once my base of Purity was dry on the middle finger I applied my nail vinyls I ordered from Linda, @teismom on Instagram, you want to make sure that your nail vinyls are nice and smooth on the nail because when you apply your second color if they aren't smoothly down polish can get underneath and ruin the design you are trying to create. I then applied Raven over the top of everything. Then I quickly removed the nail vinyls to reveal my base of Purity. You want to remove the nail vinyls while the polish is still wet so that it won't pull it up during removal. I also think it gives you nice clean lines too.

Once everything was dry I applied a coat of Out The Door to seal and protect it all. You want to make sure your design is dry enough before you apply your topcoat so that it doesn't drag the colors or smear.

Zoya polishes can be purchased at Ulta Stores, select salons, and Zoya's site here. They retail for $9 for polishes and $10 for Pixie Dust polishes. Butter London polishes can be purchased also at Ulta stores, fine retailers/salons, and on Butter London's site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment