Thursday, April 24, 2014

Colorful Glitter Gradient

Today I have a fun little mani that I did recently. I was having a hard time deciding what to do for my mani and then it was starting to get late in the day and I knew that I had to hurry up and decide on my mani so I could get it done with plenty of time left to do what few household chores I had left to do. I don't know what it is but lately it has just been so crazy busy that it really feels like there isn't enough hours in the day to do what I want to do.

On to the mani.....

I started out with a base color of Zoya "Rue" from the Naturel Collection. I just love this rosy nude. It is just so perfect when you want a dash of color. This cream applies so smoothly and evenly that even with the shaky hands I had while doing this I was still able to achieve perfection in 2 effortless coats of Rue. Now to just allow it to dry, which for me is hard to be patient sometimes but I took it as an opportunity to relax and watch some TV while this dried (although it didn't take too long to dry so I didn't get much TV watching in, lol).

Once Rue was dry I thought I'd try something a little different out for my glitter gradients. Usually I use a make up wedge for applying the glitter for my gradients but I wanted to try something I had seen another blogger did (@margarita_onthe_rocks from Instagram did a video tutorial for this application technique). I took out one of the small double ended eyeshadow applicators (you know, just like the ones that come in eyeshadows) and brushed my glitter on the sponge applicator and dabbed away on my nails. The glitter I used is Pure Ice "It's Complicated" and I picked it up on my last trip to Walmart. It's Complicated is a mix of multi-colored hex glitters in various sizes. Once I got the glitter placed how I wanted with the eyeshadow applicator I applied a top coat of Out The Door to seal everything in!

Zoya polishes can be purchased from Ulta stores, select salons, and Zoya's site here. They retail for $9 for a 0.5fl oz bottle. Pure Ice polishes can be purchased at your local Walmart and retail for $1.96.

No comments:

Post a Comment