Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!!!

One day I was browsing through Instagram and came across a super cute Halloween themed manicure and figured I wanted to recreate it for my own Halloween mani. I don't normally do anything for Halloween but this was too cute to pass up.


I started out my base with some Cult Nails polishes. I used Tempest on the index finger, Grunge on the middle finger, and Nevermore on the thumb, ring, and pinky fingers.


Then I took out my brushes and dotting tools to create these. First I used the dotting tool to create the eyes of my "Jack" face and then used a small brush to make the eyes a little more oval, then I used a striping brush to add the nose and mouth. My hands were a little shaky so it didn't turn out quite how I had pictured it but it was pretty close. Then on the ring finger I wanted to add some googly eyes. All I did for these was use Tempest for the white dots and then Nevermore again for the center of the eyes in a smaller dotting tool. Then for something more I added Maybelline Polka Dots in Clearly Spotted to the top of Grunge to carry on my black and white theme. I had to be super careful and make sure that my art was dry before I added my top coat so that I wouldn't smear my work.

Thankfully I took these pictures before I added my topcoat because I did have a mishap. Of course I thought I had waited long enough but ended up smearing a little on my Jack face when I added the top coat. Oh well, next time I will just wait a bit longer. Darn me for being impatient, LOL!

I hope you all enjoyed this Halloween themed mani as much as I do!

Cult Nails polishes can be purchased through their site here.

*all pics were taken indoors in natural lighting with flash (I had to use flash because the sun was not out on this day)

No comments:

Post a Comment