Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Cults Nails Ay Poppy! nail art




Today I thought I would try something new. I have never worn yellows or oranges before so since I loved these from the In The Garden collection from Cult Nails I had to give it a try. This is Ay Poppy (orange) and You're My Dandy Lion (yellow). I gotta say that these colors cover so well! The formula is smooth and goes on without problems. I love their lacquers!! To get the opacity that I wanted I used 3 coats of Ay Poppy and 2 coats of You're My Dandy Lion.


Then to add to it because I just felt it was too plain as it was I added Ay Poppy dots to the You're My Dandy Lion nails. I used a couple different sized dotting tools for the dots because I wanted to give it a different look. I didn't want them all the same size, I was going for something different. Then because I felt that it still wasn't enough, I added a You're My Dandy Lion dot to my thumb. Now I finally felt like this mani was complete and I was absolutely loving this. It's so bright and cheery and perfect for spring.


Then once the dots were dry I finally added my topcoat. Because I wanted ridiculous shine I added Cult Nails Wicked Fast for my topcoat. I have to say, I love this stuff! It is the most amazing topcoat I have tried. My bottle is half gone and I really need to get myself another one before this one runs out.



Cult Nails lacquers are a 4 free formula, vegan friendly, and their packaging is completely recycled, re-useable materials. This company really looks out for their customers and the environment! Cult Nails lacquers can be purchased exclusively through their website here. If you haven't tried them, you MUST, you won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment