Monday, May 20, 2013

Zoya Dahlia & Butter London Fairy Cake



Today I am going to bring you Zoya Dahlia from their Pixie Dust line and Butter London Fairy Cake. Zoya Dahlia is one that I recently acquired and I have to say, I LOVE it! I love the Zoya Pixie Dusts and I can't wait to get my hands on some of the Summer Pixies. Butter London Fairy Cake is one that I've had for some time and just haven't had a chance to try it out. Boy am I glad I used it for this mani because it is gorgeous.


Dahlia is a black Pixie Dust (textured finish) with silver glitter embedded in it. Even though it is a textured finish it sparkles and shines so much that I couldn't stop staring at my nails. It went on smoothly and I used 2 coats for this mani. What I love the most about the Pixies is that even if you smudge it before it is dry you can just use your finger to tap out the smudge and then you never even notice that you had smudged it. I have had to do this a few times, I think I've done it at least once with each Pixie Dust mani. With the Pixies you do not use a base coat or topcoat to get the best results.
 
Fairy Cake is a buildable to full coverage glitter. It has irridescent, gold, silver, and so many more that I can't pick them all out. They are fine and this builds so nicely into a full coverage. I love it. I used 3 coats to get my desired coverage here. I thought I would spice up my Pixie Dust mani with an equally shiny, sparkly accent finger. I added a topcoat of Out the Door to add some shine to the accent fingers, smooth them out, and protect the polish.
 
 
I have to say that I love both the Zoya formula and Butter London's formula. These apply smoothly with no problems what so ever and they dry in a reasonable amount of time. They are definitely in my top 5 brands I love and I don't think they will ever fall from that status in my opinion.
 
Zoya polishes can be purchased through their website here, at Ulta stores, and select salons. Butter London polishes can be purchased through their website here, at Ulta stores, select department stores, and select salons.

No comments:

Post a Comment