Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Julep April Maven Box



 
Today I am going to show you what I got in my Julep April Maven box. Normally I am an "It Girl" but this month I decided to change it up. I went with the "Classic with a Twist" box because these two colors caught my eye. There was a rock candy sucker in there for a special sweet treat. Julep always likes to add something extra for their Mavens!
 
 
In this month's box were two polishes and a Mighty Nail and Cuticle Serum pen. The polishes are Avery (the bright pink one) and Jackie (the red one).
 

Avery is a bright what I call a bubble gum pink creme. This one is really pretty and will be great for summer! I have to admit that another reason I was drawn to this one is because it has the same name as one of my nieces, but I am a sucker for a nice pink too!


The formula on this is great as is with all the Julep's have had the experience working with. Dry time was average for a creme polish


This picture was taken indoors with just a flash. I used 2 coats in all these pictures and no topcoat. As you can see without a topcoat there is still a nice shine to it!


Jackie is described as a marachino cherry red creme. This caught my eye because I do not have many reds and I love red. This is a nice bright red and I have some great plans for this girl!


This is a nice picture for you to see just how opaque this red is and it has such a great shine to it. These pictures were taken indoors with flash.


I used 2 coats for all these pictures also and no topcoat. I wanted you to see just how much shine there is with these polishes without the topcoat. Dry time on this one was average as well.

I have yet to use the Nail and Cuticle Serum pen and honestly I'm not sure that I will because I already have something that works very well for me and I sometimes have a hard time changing things. I haven't completely decided yet if I'm going to try it or not but if I do I will be sure to post my thoughts and review of it as well.

Julep is a monthly subscription box and you can get your first box free if you use my link at the bottom of my page. Just click the "What's Your Style" box and then enter FREEMAVEN code for your free box. You will have to pay for shipping on your free box but after that Mavens get free shipping on their boxes. Julep's website can also be found here.



No comments:

Post a Comment