Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hard Candy~Black Tie Optional




I added a little something to my Zoya Blu today. I picked up a couple of the new Hard Candy polishes that are out in WalMart now. I was lucky because my WalMart had the whole collection in stock. This one which is called Black Tie Optional was the last one on the shelf so I snatched it up!


In my opinion this is very similar to some of the indies out there, I won't name any specific names but I know you know which ones I am talking about. This seems to be a very popular type of glitter. In this one there is 3 different types of black and white hex glitter and black bar glitter. I absolutely love that you can create so many different looks with this depending on what color you put it with.


I found that the application of this was not too bad. I did have to fish around for some of the larger pieces of glitter but it wasn't too bad. I didn't have any problems with the glitter not laying down or anything like that which was nice. Sometimes you have a problem with it wanting to lift up but this one didn't.


It dried to a pretty shiny finish but I put a top coat of Wicked Fast on over it to smooth it out. I thought that the black and white glitter on top of this beautiful pastel blue was a great combination and I can't wait to try it out with other colors.


Hard Candy polishes can be purchased at your local WalMart.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment