Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Some Winter/Christmas Nail Art

Today I thought I'd share with you a mani that I re-created from another Instagrammer (I believe it was @judyrox). I don't know how she did it but I figured just by looking at her picture I could recreate it. I seen this and immediately thought it was so cute and I had to do this for Christmas. Well, I know it's not close to Christmas (we got a couple of weeks yet) but I thought I'd just give it a try this weekend and see how it turns out.

I had already had a base color on of Zoya Posh with a topcoat over that, as you can see in the pics that there is a little bit of growth but that is because I had been sporting Posh on my nails for about 5 days already and was getting ready to change my mani. I decided to use acrylic paints for this because I figured that it would be easier to work with, dry quicker, and I could easily fix it if I messed up.

The only tools I needed for this was a couple of different sized of dotting tools and a small striping brush. For the "snow" covered tips I just used a larger dotting tool dipped in white acrylic paint, I made a bunch of dots to cover the tips but not give me a clean line, that way it looks like snow. For the falling snow I used a smaller dotting tool dipped in the white paint. Then for the snow man I used my small striping brush to create the 2 round circles that were his body and filled them in. Then I took my brush (after I cleaned it in water and dried it on a towel) and used the black to paint his hat. Then I cleaned the brush again and used blue to make the scarf. Again with my clean brush I used the orange to make a very small triangle to be the "carrot nose". That one was really hard to do because it was so small but I think I did ok. Then for the eyes and buttons I just dipped a small dotting tool in black and dotted them on. After I was all finished I realized I didn't give him a mouth so next time I do this I will make sure I make him big enough that I give him a mouth smiling at everyone.


The acrylic paints dried pretty quickly so I didn't have to wait too long to apply the topcoat. I think it turned out pretty good and I will most definitely be re-doing this one for Christmas in a couple weeks. I am learning very quickly that using acrylic paints to create nail art is quite handy and I think I will be trying out more things. I'm not very good at free-handed nail art but I am getting better with each try. Sometimes if I try to do it later at night I find that my hand is a little shaky and I have to concentrate harder but I'm sure with practice I'll improve.

Stay tuned and I will have some more Christmas themed nail art to show you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment