Wednesday, December 24, 2014

December Ipsy Bag

I know I'm a little late in showing this to you but you know how it is around the holidays. Today I've got my December Ipsy bag to show you. This month's theme is "Thinking of You". The bag this month is pretty simple but I love it. It's not one of those round barrel bags that we've gotten in the past but it's more of a domed cosmetic bag that is a simple black and has a really cute heart shaped zipper pull that has "Ipsy" on it. There were 5 items in my bag and 3 were full sized products, the other 2 were deluxe sample sizes. The little card has an inspirational quote on one side and mine says "You are a Brave Soul". There were multiple different cards this month so that's kind of neat to go online and see all the different quotes.

For those of you who are not real familiar with Ipsy here's a little breakdown of what it is...Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription that you sign up for. It costs $10 a month and they bill you on the first of the month every month. Shipping usually starts around the middle of the month and they start giving out little sneak peeks of what is all going to be in the bags for the month. They start the sneak peeks around the first of the month. Right around the 10th or 12th of the month they open up your "Glam Room" and it will show you what you will be getting in your bag. You get roughly 5 products in your bags and the items they choose for you are somewhat based on the beauty quiz you take when you sign up. Each product is usually a deluxe sized sample and there is usually at least one item that is full sized. You can re-take the quiz at any time if you are not satisfied with the types of products you are getting. Your products are packed inside a cute little make-up bag that is designed for the theme for the month. If you are interested in signing up I will give you my link here. Check out this link for more information and to sign up.

The first item in my bag was this Pixi by Petra Fairy Dust in the shade Brightening Bare which is a medium nude sheen. It has a nice applicator wand for easy application. It is perfect to use dry for a sheer effect, or wet for intense colour. The illuminating powder pigments give concentrated glow & enhancing color instantly. The mica provides dense natural pigment and the pearl powder rejuvenates & brightens. It retails for $10 on Pixi's site and this is a full sized product.

The next item in my bag was this NYX Cosmetics Butter Lip Balm in the shade Red Velvet. It is pretty sheer and gives you a nice tint of red color. This Buttery Lip Balm is addictively soft and scrumptious and perfect for adding a subtle hint of color for a naturally flirtatious pout. Apply directly to bare lips or apply it over lip liner for more intense color. This is a full sized product. It retails for $4 on the NYX Cosmetics site.

The next item I was excited for because I have been wanting to try this mascara but didn't want to purchase a full size in case I didn't like it. This is the Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara. It is like a pushup bra for your lashes, tarte’s best-selling mascara lengthens, curls, volumizes and conditions to deliver a 330% increase in lash volume instantly. The high-performance formula is also infused with naturally-derived olive esters to help nourish and protect lashes. I have tried this and it does make my lashes look amazing. I've only tried it once so after a few more uses I'll form my final opinion on this one. This is a deluxe sample size but the full size retails for $20 on Tarte's site.

The next item I got I wasn't too sure about and I haven't tried it yet so I can't tell you if I like it or not but here's my initial thoughts on it. This is the Beauty Without Cruelty A.H.A 3% Facial Cleanser. It is a lightly-foaming, soap-free cleanser that removes dead surface skin cells, daily impurities, and excess oil without over-cleaning your skin. Nature's own alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) gently and deeply clean and actively clarify your skin without disturbing it's natural balance. Pure premium Oshadhi aroma-therapeutic essential oils tone, condition, and calm, leaving your skin clean, clear, and refreshed. It is also Paraben Free, pH Balanced. 100% Vegan-Vegetarian, never tested on animals. Cruelty-free since 1963. Now my first thoughts on this was when I opened the bottle it has a really strong smell that I can't quite describe, it's almost like a really strong soap smell. I'm not sure if I'm going to like that smell, hopefully the smell doesn't stick around after you've used it and rinsed your face. This is a deluxe sample size but a full size 8.5oz bottle retails for $11.95 on their site.

The last item I got I was really excited about because they have had this product before and I wasn't lucky enough to get it them but I got it now. This is the Crown Brush Infinity Shadow/Crease Duet Brush. This dual-ended brush offers the best of both worlds. The shadow brush is perfect for applying eye shadow or contouring the eye, while the crease brush is designed to be used dry for defining the eye, or wet for precision concealing. This is created with Crown’s Infinity Synthetic Fibers. This is a full sized product and retails for $6.99 on their site.

I hope you enjoyed this post and I want to wish all of you a Happy Holidays!!










No comments:

Post a Comment