Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Snowman mani

Well, I decided to do another snowman mani for Christmas. I love this mani, it's super cute and easy to do. I will note that you really do need a steady hand for doing the snowman details (as you can see my snowman's nose didn't quite turn out how I wanted it because my hand was shaking a little).

First I started off with a base color of Aly's Dream Polish in Sky Blue. I thought that this would be the perfect background for my snowman and snow. I applied 2 coats of Sky Blue which is really a beautiful sky blue holographic polish. Then I applied a coat of Out The Door to speed up dry time.

Once I was ready to do my art I grabbed my acrylic paints in white, black, orange, and red. Then I grabbed my thin small striping brush and a really small dotting tool. For the snow on the tips of my nails I just used the larger end of the dotting tool and just dotted on the snow all over the tips, I like the uneven look it has, almost like real snow. Then I used the small end of the dotting tool to dot on the "flakes".

Then I took my striping brush and dipped it in the white and proceeded to paint the 2 large circles on my middle fingers for the snowman body. I love working with the acrylic paints because they dry fairly quickly and if I make a mistake I can just wipe it off with a wet towel. I keep a glass of water nearby for cleaning off my brush when I change colors. I just swish it around in the water and then wipe it with a paper towel to get the excess water off. Then I took my brush again and dipped it into the black and painted my snowman's hat on. I used the small end of the dotting tool to create the eyes and buttons down his body.

Once I was done with the black I cleaned my brush again and used the orange to paint on his carrot nose (which didn't really turn out right but it's so small no one will notice unless they get really up close with it). Then cleaned the brush again and dipped it in the red and painted on his scarf. When I was all finshed painting on my details of the snowman I was done and topped it all off with a coat of Out The Door to seal and protect my art.

You can get Aly's Dream Polish on her Storenvy site but the store is currently on vacation. Here is the link to the store. It says she will be back in 2 weeks so you can check back later. Her polishes are amazing and if you haven't ever tried them you are really missing out on some gorgeous holographic polishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment