Friday, March 7, 2014

Zoya Dot & Purity Chevron Mani

Today I have a cute chevron mani I did recently. I used Zoya Purity and Dot and then an accent of Butter London Fairy Cake. I love these colors together and they are just so "spring" and with all the snow we've gotten lately I could really use some "Spring"!!

So, on my thumb, pointer finger, and pinky I applied Dot. I have to say, this was the first time I was using Dot. I got it in my February Ipsy Glam Bag and was so excited because I really wanted this color! It applied amazingly, just like all of the Zoya's I've worked with!!! This is such a beautiful pale pink cream and I can't wait to use it again! I used 2 coats of Dot for this mani.

Then on my middle finger I applied 3 coats of Butter London Fairy Cake for some pretty iridescent and silver sparkle.

On my ring finger I applied 2 coats of Zoya Purity. I love this white and whenever I need a white this one is the one I reach for time and time again. I may have to pick up another bottle soon because this one is about halfway gone and I don't want to run out, lol!!

Once the ring finger with Purity was dry, and I mean totally dry, I added my new nail vinyls I ordered from @Teismom, Linda makes these amazing nail vinyls that are great for creating fun designs on your nails. Her nail vinyl store is here and she has even just added some fun little vinyls for your stash and car. You should check her out! I know I'm already planning my next order from her. Now, to get back to the nail vinyls...you have to make sure your base color is completely dry because these vinyls adhere to your nail so well. Once I had my nail vinyls in place I applied a nice thicker coat of dot over the top and immediately removed the nail vinyls to reveal my design.

I know my placement wasn't perfect but I thought it was pretty good for the first time using them and I am so pleased with the result and how easy they were to use that I am totally going to order some more nail vinyls in other designs so I can expand my nail art. Once everything was dry to the touch I applied a coat of Out The Door for added shine and protection.

Hope you all enjoy this mani as much as I did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment