Thursday, August 8, 2013

Zoya Purity and Trixie French Mani


For this mani I wanted to do a non-traditional french manicure (at least I call it non-traditional). I used Zoya Purity and Trixie for this mani, I was somewhat inspired by a mani Zoya posted on their Instagram page for a mani they did for one of the fashion week shows (I don't remember which one but they used these same colors).
 

Once I got my based of Purity and Trixie down. Purity was on the thumb, pointer, and pinky fingers and Trixie was on the middle and ring fingers. I waited for them to dry. They needed to by dry because I am going to add some striping tape to use as my guides and if the base color isn't dry the tape will peel it off when you peel off the tape.

I applied my striping tape to give my my "french" guides and then applied the contrasting color to the tips. Now once I was finished applying the contrasting color I removed the striping tape immediately because I wanted to have a nice clean line. It's very important that you remove the striping tape before the polish you just applied is dry so that it doesn't peel off with the tape when you remove it. I know it's kinda funny that you have to have the base dry before you apply the tape and then remove the tape before the top color is dry but trust me, I've learned the hard way that this is the best way to do it.

Then once it was all dry enough, I added a top coat of Out The Door for shine and protection.

Zoya polishes can be purchased on their website, Ulta stores, and select salons.

All pictures were taken indoors with a flash.


No comments:

Post a Comment