Monday, November 24, 2014

Colourpop Super Shock Shadows

Today I have some of the Colourpop Super Shock Shadows to show you. I purchased these myself and I am so glad I did. These shadows are amazing!! Colourpop shadows are cruelty free, bunny approved, and all but 5 of them are vegan. These shadows only cost $5 each!! That's an amazing price for a product this good.

A little about these shadows before I go on to the swatches. The formula on these shadows is completely unique and super soft and highly pigmented. The recommend that for best application you pat it on your lids with your fingers, but don't press down too hard on the shadow pot because they are really soft and creamy but they aren't a cream, they are a powder shadow. You can use a soft brush also to apply but I've heard recommendations that you should use a synthetic brush like the Real Techniques brushes (those are the brushes I use).

You can see that when they ship out your products you get a little personalized card (which I think is so cute and special) and they also include a little information card about the products with tips and tricks on it and other information. They are packaged so well in the box so that they don't get damaged in shipping. My box was lined with foam and then each item was wrapped in bubble wrap to further protect them.

The shadow pots are each packaged in a nice little box with a window on it so you can see the shade. I think that it's great that these are packaged in little boxes also because I think that it just adds a little more protection and it's just plain cute!

Once I took them out of all the boxes I could see just how beautiful these are. They are little round pots with screw off lids. You want to make sure that your lids are always tightly fastened because if they aren't your shadows could dry out (that's because of the super soft formula of the shadows). If you keep your lids tightly fastened on the pots Colourpop says that your shadows can last up to 3 years (that is if you don't use it all up before then, lol)!! That's amazing!!

I purchased 5 shades and all of these shades are gorgeous some are metallic and some are shimmery. I love them all and have already used 4 of the 5 I purchased. Below is a little swatch of each of the shades on the back of my hand. The shades from left to right are: Fringe, Lovely, Amaze, 3, and Chipper. 4 of these shades I bought to create a specific look but I have a few ideas for some other looks that I think I am going to play around with over the Thanksgiving weekend since I will be home for a nice, relaxing 4-day weekend.

Below I thought I'd just give you a little description of each shadow. On the back/bottom of the pots is the name of the shade and the usual label information.

First up is Fringe. Fringe is a shimmering champagne with gold and silver glitter. This one is light and has beautiful shimmer to it. I think that this will make a good highlight shade or just for them days when you want something light and simple.


Next is Lovely. Lovely is a soft light gold with shimmering flecks of multi- dimensional glitter. This is also very pretty and I've been using it as a little pop of color on the inner corner of my eyes.

Then I have Amaze. Amaze is a metallic rose gold with multi-colored multi-dimensional glitter. I have been using this as a nice transition shade in my crease and just above the crease. I love how multi-dimensional this one it. Truly the swatch of this just does not do it justice, you have to see how lovely it is on the eye!

Then I have 3. I think that it's funny that this is probably the only one that is named with just a number but it really is a beautiful one. 3 is a cool-toned starlit bronze with a flash of silvery and multi-colored glitter. On my eyes this one looks like a nice bronzed brown and it has insane sparkle!!

The last one I have to show you is Chipper. Chipper is a mid-tone minty green eyeshadow with multi-coloured glitter. I have just used this one on my lower lash line for a little added pop of color. It really is a beautiful color and I love it. I just have to figure out a couple more looks to do to use this one more.

I think I'm going to try it in the inner corner and the inner part of the upper lid and see if maybe like put Amaze on most of the center of the lid and then add 3 in the outer part of the upper lid and blend out 3 into the crease. I'm really going to have to try that this weekend and see how it looks!!

All of these shadows exceeded my expectations and I already have my eye on some more and I am hoping to get my hands on some of their limited edition holiday collections. What ever I purchase next I will be sure to share with you.

Colourpop Super Shock Shadows can be purchased exclusively from their site here. They retail for $5 each and you get free shipping with orders of $30 or more. These are truly a great deal for the amazing product you get. If you haven't tried them yet you really should head over to Colourpop's site and check them out!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment