Wednesday, November 12, 2014

bareMinerals 5 in 1 BB Cream Shadow in Barely Nude

You'll remember a little while ago I did a post of the mini of a bareMinerals 5-in-1 BB Cream Shadow that I got in my Ipsy bag and did a review on. Well, I loved that shade so much that I went out and purchased another one. This time I went with something lighter because I wanted something that I could use as a lid color for some neutral eye looks that I want to do and I thought it would be great for wearing on those days when I don't want to do a whole look but want something on my lids.

I have been so pleased with these cream shadows and I find myself reaching for these almost daily. This one in particular has been a staple in the eye looks I've been wearing lately. I also want to note that I've been not using a primer with these and I've easily had 12 hours of wear without it creasing.

This is the bareMinerals 5-in-1 BB Cream Shadow and I picked it up in the shade Barely Nude. According to the description on Ulta's site this is the next generation in eye shadow: creamy, long-wearing color meets exceptional skincare benefits and broad spectrum SPF protection. Chock-full of skin-loving ingredients, this breakthrough product delivers 5 benefits in one luxurious formula. It has these Benefits:
  • 12-hour long-wearing color
  • Supercharged primer
  • Powerful brightening benefits
  • Smoothes the appearance of fine lines
  • Protects with Broad Spectrum SPF 15
and Clinicals/Claims:
  • 100% of women agreed their eyelids looked brighter instantly & over time.*
  • 100% of women said their eyes appeared more youthful upon application.*
* Based on an independent consumer study (I copied these descriptions from Ulta's site).

It comes in a total of six shades and to me they are mostly neutral shades. The shades are Barely Nude, Soft Linen, Radiant Sand, Blushing Pink, Elegant Taupe, and Devine Wine. You can check them out on Ulta's site here. They retail at Ulta for $18 for a full sized 0.10fl oz tube. They have a nice paddle wand applicator (kind of like a lipgloss wand).

For me this one dried really quickly so I figured out that the best way for me to apply it is to just dot it along my eye lid and then immediately blend it in with my finger. It blends really nicely and blends out to be a very beautiful shade, on me it blends out to be just a really pale nude, I've been using it as a base color for a nice neutral eye look. I think that this will also look good on it's own with black eyeliner and mascara for a really simple weekend look.

I can't say that I've noticed whether or not my eyelids looked brighter or more youthful but I can say that I love this stuff and I'm going to have to hit up my local Ulta and pick up possibly one or two more shades. I'm thinking that the Blushing Pink may now have to become a part of my collection along with the Devine Wine and Barely Nude.

Here is a shot of me wearing Barely Nude. This picture was taken after about 13 hours of wear, you can see that there really isn't any creasing and that this shade really is a pale nude.

You can purchase these at Ulta stores or online or anywhere bareMinerals products are sold.



No comments:

Post a Comment