Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Cult Nails Grunge with China Glaze Fairy Dust

I was drawing a blank when I was trying to think of something to do on my nails this week. I was trying to figure out some nail art I could do but just couldn't think of anything. Then I decided that I was just going to have a simple mani this week. I reached for my Cult Nails collection of polishes and pulled out Grunge. Grunge is a beautiful green and shifts from an army green to a lighter grayish green depending on your lighting. On myself it tends to stay the army green which I LOVE!!

So I applied 2 coats of Grunge over my base coat. For my base coat I am using the Sally Hansen Maximum Growth nail treatment. I am really loving it because I was having problems with my nails peeling but since I've been using this treatment, I haven't had a big problem with that.


Once I applied my 2 coats of Grunge I applied a nice coat of Cult Nails' own fast dry shiny topcoat, Wicked Fast. This stuff is exactly what it says, Wicked Fast! I love it and I am almost out so I am going to have to place a Cult Nails order soon so I can get more. I have to say that I love this green cream color! I wasn't sure how it would look on me with my skin tone but it is gorgeous! Maria over at Cult Nails knocked it out of the park with this one!! (As she does with all of her polishes cause they are all so gorgeous!!)

Then as I was putting away all my stuff from doing my mani I ran across China Glaze Fairy Dust. I had completely forgotten I had this stuff and decided to throw on 1 coat of Fairy Dust over my Grunge mani just for a little bit of sparkle. Not bad! It was almost like I had little droplets of frost or something on my nails (kinda thinking in winter themed mind frame here, lol). I may have to figure something out for a winter/Christmas themed mani to use Fairy Dust again.


Cult Nails Lacquers can be purchased here on their website. They retail for $12 for a full sized 0.5fl oz bottle. Wicked Fast retails for $10 for a full sized 0.5fl oz bottle or if you want to try out their base coat Get It On, you can get both Wicked Fast and Get It On in a package deal for $18, both are full sized bottles. You have to get them fast because in my experience, they sell out pretty fast, but not to worry, Maria restocks them fairly quickly!

China Glaze lacquers can be purchased at Ulta stores, Sally Beauty stores, and many other beauty supply stores and salons.



No comments:

Post a Comment