Monday, November 11, 2013

China Glaze Liquid Leather & Zoya Rikki

This is the recent mani I did for my Mom. She found her inspiration for this mani on Pintrest and asked me if I could do it for her. So I said sure! Now you don't know my Mom but she is usually very set in her color choices and is pretty reserved. I have been pushing her outside her comfort zone and getting her to expand her mani horizons. One of the colors I've been pushing for her to try is black. She always said no, that she didn't think she could do black. So when she showed me the Pintrest picture of this mani I assumed she wanted this design just with different colors. Much to my surprise Mom went out to Ulta and purchased the colors she wanted.

Mom showed me what she chose and I was shocked! She came home with China Glaze Liquid Leather for her base. BLACK!! Yes!! I've finally gotten her to try it (I never thought she'd buy her own but YAY!)! Then for her tips she chose a super pretty green, Zoya Rikki.

Liquid Leather was easy to apply, not thick or goopy, and actually we decided that one coat was good. Once it was dry I applied striping tape to use as my guides and applied Rikki. I did one hand at a time because I didn't want Rikki to dry too much before I had a chance to pull off the striping tape. I think that if you remove the tape before the polish is dry then you get much cleaner lines. Rikki applied like a dream. I wasn't sure how the color would come through over the black but this color is very opaque and I only needed one coat over the black to achieve our results.

Once they were halfway to three quarters dry I applied a top coat of Out The Door for protection, shine, and to speed up the remainder of the dry time.

China Glaze polishes can be purchased at Ulta stores, Sally Beauty, and other fine beauty supply stores and salons. Zoya can be purchased at Ulta, select salons, and here on their site.

No comments:

Post a Comment