Thursday, November 7, 2013

OPI "Peace & Love & OPI"


This color is one that I have been wanting since it came out. This is Peace & Love & OPI from OPI's San Fransico collection. I received this one in a gift exchange in a group I belong to. I can't tell you how excited I was when I opened the box and unwrapped this beauty! I had been wanting this so bad and almost went to Ulta and purchased it the day before my box arrived. I am so glad I didn't but at the same time sad I didn't buy one because I want another bottle of this for a back up!

Peace & Love & OPI is a grey based duochrome that shifts from purple to a bluish grey. The formula on this is amazing and I was expecting it to be sheer but it wasn't. This only took 2 coats to achieve full opacity. It went on so smooth and dried pretty quickly in my opinion (I was eating pizza while doing my nails so I wasn't in full mani mode, I was taking my time).


The lighting at my Mom's is way different than the lighting I have at home but I had to snap these pictures right away because I was so in love with this color. I am happy that I was even able to somewhat capture the color shift in this one. You can see it in the picture above, the purple starts at my pointer finger and then shifts on down to the greyish blue on my pinky.

If you don't have this one in your collection I really suggest you run out and get it because this is GORGEOUS!! I used 2 coats of polish and these pics were taken in artificial lighting. I also want to add that this has a nice brush on it, somewhat of a flatter brush, and it is so nice to work with.

OPI can be purchased at Ulta, many salons, many beauty supply stores, and Target. They retail for $9 for a full size (0.5fl oz.) bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment