Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Zoya Matte Velvet Dotticure

Today I am going to show you some simple nail art I did recently with some of the Zoya Matte Velvets. I am really loving these colors and am planning some more nail art with them. I'm going to try to have a Halloween themed nail art post for you sometime soon (hopefully before Halloween, lol).

Well today I started off with a base of Zoya Posh, this is a beautiful red matte velvet that has some gorgeous shimmer. Then I let my base color dry. I've noticed with my Matte Velvets that the dry time is a little quicker than with the regular Zoyas, or maybe it's just my imagination. I do want to note that I used my nail strengthener as a base coat underneath Posh. I did this because I was having issues with one of my nails starting to peel and I didn't want it to become a huge problem.


Now once my base color was dry I took Zoya Dovima, a very pretty black/charcoal matte velvet that also has some beautiful shimmer, and I grabbed two of my dotting tools. I placed a small amount of Dovima on a paper plate for me to dip my dotting tools in (I just took the brush out of the bottle and let some polish drip off the brush onto the plate). Then I took a dotting tool with a larger end to make the larger dots on my ring and middle fingers, I did them in kind of a sideways "V" on my nails. Then I took a dotting tool with a very small end to make the small dots. I did the small dots around the larger ones I had just done. I did these in kind of a semi-circle sideways on my nails, kind of a cresent shape.

Then since I wanted them to remain matte all I did next was just let everything dry on its own.

You can purchase the Zoya Matte Velvets at Ulta stores, select salons, and as always Zoya's site here. They retail for $9 each.

If you want to check out my review of the whole Zoya Matte Velvet collection you can view that post here.


No comments:

Post a Comment