Thursday, October 16, 2014

October Ipsy Glambag Opinions

Today I am going to show you what I all got in my October Ipsy Glambag. This month's theme was "Beauty Candy" which means the month is full of colorful and eye-catching eye candy, at least that's what they tell us. I just think it's really neat that each month they have a theme of sorts.

I got to say that this month's bag is super cute and I love the color. I think that this might be my favorite bag so far. This one is definitely going in my purse!! It's a pretty teal "patent" looking quilted bag with a signature "Ipsy" zipper pull.

The first product I got was the Ayers Patagonia Body Butter. I have never heard of this brand and was really excited to be getting this because I love body butters. I don't know what scent it is because it isn't listed anywhere on the jar but it does smell nice, it's a little strong but I like the scent. I rubbed a little of it on the back of my hand and I am pleased with it, it didn't feel greasy and absorbed right in. I think this will be going in my purse since I just ran out of lotion in the little bottle (I had the EOS hand lotion in my purse) I carry in my purse. Maybe I'll test it out for a little while and do a little review on it to let you know how I like it.

The next thing I got was the City Color Be Matte Lipstick. I was really excited about this too because I am really digging the matte lip lately. I think I need to expand my matte lippy collection since most everything I have now is glossy or has a shine of some sort, which I love but sometimes I'm in the mood for a sexy matte lip. This is in the shade Cappuccino. I wasn't sure I was going to like this shade because I have a hard time finding lighter neutral shades like this one that go well with my skin tone and look good on me. I also included a pic of it (just a quick swatch) on the back of my hand so you can see what it looks like.

The next product I got was the Ecru New York Acacia Protein BB Cream Beauty Balm for Hair. I was really not excited to see this product in my bag this month because honestly I'm not really that big on hair products. I just have a hard time finding new things that I like for my hair so I tend to stick with my tried and true products that I love. I mean I color my hair often, use a hair dryer and straightener on it occasionally, have naturally wavy/curly hair that is fine, and live in the country so we have well water. I may try this one out and see how I like it but I'm not realy sure yet. If I try it and don't like it I can always give it to my mom, I think it would work really well for her.

Next I got the Skone Cosmetics Tattooed Waterproof Eyeliner. At first when I seen it in my glam room sneak peek I thought it was another pencil liner and was kind of meh about it, but then I read the description and found out that it is actually a liquid liner. It's like a liquid liner pen that is waterproof so it is supposed to stay on until you decide to take it off. I got the color black and it has a nice felt tip, just like a marker. I'm just starting to get a little better at liquid liners but I need more practice on the weekends until I am confident enough with my skills to wear it out in public. Practice makes perfect!

The last product I got was the Skyn Iceland Mini Glacial Cleansing Cloths. I was super excited about these because I LOVE cleansing cloths!! I am one of those people who hate washing their face before bed because I am so tired I just want to go to bed and sleep but I force myself to wash my make up off everynight because otherwise I end up having some major breakouts. I find that the cleansing cloths make it a nice quick and easy process for me to take my make up off. I also travel overnight 2 days a week so I love having something that travels with me easily.

All in all I am pretty satisfied with my bag this month. There were products that I wasn't too excited about and there were products that I squealed when I seen them because I had been wanting them. I think for $10 a month I definitely got more than my money's worth this month. I don't think I've had a single month yet that I have been completely disappointed with and thought it was a waste of my money. I like that I get the opportunity to try out new brands, brands I've never heard of, and I love that there are brands that I love too. Ipsy for me is just a really great way to branch out and expand in the world of beauty products.

For those of you who are not real familiar with Ipsy here's a little breakdown of what it is...Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription that you sign up for. It costs $10 a month and they bill you on the first of the month every month. Shipping usually starts around the middle of the month and they start giving out little sneak peeks of what is all going to be in the bags for the month. They start the sneak peeks around the first of the month. Right around the 10th or 12th of the month they open up your "Glam Room" and it will show you what you will be getting in your bag. You get roughly 5 products in your bags and the items they choose for you are somewhat based on the beauty quiz you take when you sign up. Each product is usually a deluxe sized sample and there is usually at least one item that is full sized. You can re-take the quiz at any time if you are not satisfied with the types of products you are getting. Your products are packed inside a cute little make-up bag that is designed for the theme for the month. If you are interested in signing up I will give you my link here. Check out this link for more information and to sign up.











No comments:

Post a Comment