Friday, July 12, 2013

Mom's NOTD: Sally Hansen Striped mani

This is Mom's striped mani I did for her a little while ago. We started off with a base of Sally Hansen Kook-A-Mango and Zoya Purity for her accent nails. Once everything was dry I applied striping tape on the accent nails (the ones with Purity) in the pattern that I wanted.

Once I had the tape in the pattern I was pleased with I applied 2 coats of the Sally Hansen Kook-A-Mango over the top of the tape. As soon as I was finished applying the second coat I removed the striping tape carefully using a tweezers to grip the ends and peeled slowly. The removed tape revealed the Purity below in the pattern that I applied the tape. Very pretty! This is something Mom really liked and I can see that I am going to have to come up with new patterns to try for her cause she loves the outcome.

As Mom was waiting for things to dry before we applied the top coat she happened to see my wheel of rhinestones and decided that she wanted a teal rhinestone to accent her design. I wish the camera would have picked up the color of the rhinestone better so you could so how the contrast of the polish color and the rhinestone worked very well together but Mom's hands shake and so this is the easiest position for her so that I can get good pics. After things were dried enough I topped it all off with a good coat of Out The Door to protect and seal in the rhinestones. I'm quite happy with the way this turned out and Mom loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment