Thursday, July 18, 2013

Abstract Flower Nail Art

I was so excited when my new brushes arrived that I couldn't wait to use them. The only problem was that I was not real keen on how to use all of them. I wasn't really sure what I was going to do but I thought "what the hell" and just started messing around with them. This is the first design I did with my new brushes.

I started out with a base of Cult Nails Let's Get Dirty and once that was dry I started to do my flowers. I figured I'd keep it simple and only did one accent nail on each hand. I grabbed one of the flat slightly angled brushes and just started making strokes. I went from the outside in to the center trying to take advantage of the angled end of the brush to make angled tips of the flowers. Now I call them abstract because they aren't even and didn't turn out like I had pictured them in my mind but that's the fun of it, right?! I used Cult Nails Evil Queen for the flower petals and Cult Nails Nevermore for the flower centers.


Once everything was dry I applied a coat of Wicked Fast by Cult Nails to seal everything in. I ordered the brushes on Amazon and I think I only paid like $1.42 for them. They took about 3 weeks to arrive since they were coming from China but they were so worth the wait. I can't wait to use them again!


No comments:

Post a Comment