Monday, July 8, 2013

Skittlette for Summer


For something really fun I decided to do a "skittlette" manicure (wehre every nail is different). Here is the base I started out with, I used China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy ( I LOVE this color for summer!), Zoya Purity, and Zoya Raven. I also decided to try my new Maybelline Color Show Polka Dots in Clearly Spotted for one of the nails.


I gathered my tools I would be using and started on my way...


I left the pointer finger and ring finger plain since they were each a different color than the other. I put random Flip Flop Fantasy and Raven dots on my middle finger which had on the Zoya Purity. Then I decided that on my thumb over the Flip Flop Fantasy I was going to add a coat of the Clearly Spotted, love this one and will be doing a post on this topper shortly. For the pinky I at first wasn't sure what I wanted to put on top of the Purity but then I decided I was going to make a flower out of rhinestones. To start that flower I put a dot of Flip Flop Fantasy where I wanted the center of the flower to be and then preceeded to arrange 5 black rhinestones around it creating the "petals" of the flower.

I then let everything dry so I could top it all off with a nice coat of Out The Door to seal it all in. I am so loving this mani that I hate to take it off when the time comes. Hope you all enjoyed this one!!



No comments:

Post a Comment