Friday, June 28, 2013

Half Moon Mani

Today I am going to share the half moon mani I did for my Mom recently. I used Zoya polishes for this mani because honestly I LOVE their formula and I've used these colors before so that I knew application would be easy, I already knew what to expect from them and they performed just as expected.

I started out with a coat of Zoya Trixie for the base. Then once it was dry I applied these little circle reinforcement labels to the lower portion of her nails because this is the area that I do not want painted when I apply the next color. You have to wait until your base coat is dry otherwise when you peel them off they will take the base color with them. And make sure that you are sure they are dry cause I learned the hard way that the base coat wasn't fully dry.


Then I used Zoya Mia and painted over the base coat above the circles, using them as a guide, and immediately removed them so that I had a nice clean line. Then once they were slightly dry I added a top coat of Out The Door to protect and speed dry them for my Mom.


I am slowly getting her to venture out and try new designs and this one with Trixie as the base or half moon was a new thing for her. I wasn't too sure I'd get her to agree to the silver but when I assured her that it wouldn't be on her whole nail showing she allowed it, lol. I'm still working on getting her to let me try something with black, I promised I just use it sparingly and hopefully the next one I show you of hers will have a little black in it. :)


3 comments:

  1. Love it! Maybe she will let you do black polka-dots?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've convinced her to let me do some polka dots and some flowers for her next mani and she agreed to let me use some black, lol!

      Delete
  2. Love this! The colors are great together :)

    ReplyDelete