Thursday, February 26, 2015

More ColourPop Lippie Pencils & Lippie Stix

Today I have some more of the Colourpop Lippie Stix and Lippie Pencils to show you. I purchased these myself and I am so glad I did. These lippies are amazing!! You can read my review on the first two batches of Lippie Stix and Lippie Pencils I purchased here and here.

Let me tell you, these are not only amazing products but they are super budget friendly too! All of their products that are on their site are $5 each. $5 is so affordable!!! They have the new Lippie Stix, Lippie Pencils, and they have their Colour Shock Shadows (I ordered 7 more shadows when I ordered these lippie stix and pencils. You can read my review on those here and here).

Colourpop cosmetics is a cruelty free company (they are "bunny approved") and they are made right here in the USA in southern California. All but 5 of their shadows are vegan (check out their FAQ page here) and their Lippie Stix are not technically vegan because they do contain less than .1% bees wax.

These Lippie Pencils are not like any other lip pencil that I've tried. I usually stay away from lip pencils because they are dry and hard to apply but these are super creamy and go on so smoothly. They look like a plastic retractable pencil but they do not retract, you do have to sharpen them and it is suggested that you use a really good sharp sharpener (I use the Grindhouse one from Urban Decay). The Lippie Stix also come in a slim stick that is retractable, their packaging is just so slim and nice.

This time I purchased 2 Lippie Stix and 1 Lippie Pencil. I didn't get the matching Lippie Pencil to the other Lippie Stix because there isn't a matching one available, you can just use one of the other ones that is close to the shade of it.

The first ones I'm going to show you are the matching Lippie Stix and Pencil and they are in the shade Lumiere. Lumiere was created in a collaboration with Kathleen over at KathleenLights on YouTube, if you haven't watched her videos you should because she's super funny and has a lot of great videos. Lumiere is a dusty mauve pink in a matte finish. I LOVE this one, I love it so much that when I first got it I wore it everyday for at least a week. It still is one of my favorite go-tos for everyday looks for work. I will tell you this baby has some serious staying power! I can go all day at work without having to touch up my lips and that is with drinking from a can or water bottle all day and eating lunch. If I don't have anything special going on in the evening after work I don't touch up my lips and then when I wash my face at bedtime there is still a hint of this on my lips that I wash off.


Here is Lumiere Lippie Pencil alone on my lips.



This is Lumiere Lippie Stix layered over the Lumiere Lippie Pencil.



The next one I got is a new shade and it is in their new finish. This is Juicy. Juicy is a bright strawberry pink in the hyper glossy finish. This one doesn't have a coordinating Lippie Pencil to go with the Stix but you can use one of the other Lippie Pencils that are close in shade and line you lips with that. I might suggest using the Lippie Pencil in Punky or maybe Scandy.


This is the Juicy Lippie Pencil alone on my lips.

I have the Scandy Pencil so I'll here is a picture of Juicy Lippie Stix layered over Scandy Lippie Pencil.

As you can see from all of my swatches these are really pigmented in color and they feel so great on your lips. I didn't have any problems with them drying out my lips or bleeding/feathering. I think that when you layer the stix over the pencil you have less of a chance of any bleeding or feathering. I also think that it extends your wear time when you layer them. You can also see the difference in the finishes of these two, Lumiere is a matte finish and Juicy is the new hyper-glossy finish.

Colourpop Cosmetics is only available online here and they are constantly releasing new shades so you should check back often to see what's new on the site. I just checked the site out again today and seen that they are going to be releasing some holiday collection soon. I am now going to be stalking their facebook and site for this new holiday collection. They ship to the the USA, Canada, US Virgin Islands, Guam and Puerto Rico but are hoping to expand shipping in the future. Shipping is free if you purchase $30 or more (which I can tell you it isn't hard to get to that amount with all the great products they have).









No comments:

Post a Comment