Tuesday, February 17, 2015

February Ipsy Glam Bag


This month's theme for Ipsy was #ipsyLOVE which I thought was very fitting for February (Valentine's Day). The bag is a really cute vinyl bag with a pink, white, and grey checked pattern and of course there is the signature Ipsy zipper pull on it. I really love this bag and I think I might change out the one I carry in my purse for this one.

For those of you who are not real familiar with Ipsy here's a little breakdown of what it is...Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription that you sign up for. It costs $10 a month and they bill you on the first of the month every month. Shipping usually starts around the middle of the month and they start giving out little sneak peeks of what is all going to be in the bags for the month. They start the sneak peeks around the first of the month. Right around the 10th or 12th of the month they open up your "Glam Room" and it will show you what you will be getting in your bag. You get roughly 5 products in your bags and the items they choose for you are somewhat based on the beauty quiz you take when you sign up. Each product is usually a deluxe sized sample and there is usually at least one item that is full sized. You can re-take the quiz at any time if you are not satisfied with the types of products you are getting. Your products are packed inside a cute little make-up bag that is designed for the theme for the month. If you are interested in signing up I will give you my link here. Check out this link for more information and to sign up.

The first item I received in my bag this month was a Rob Scheppy for 'TiniBeauty Eyeshadow. It is in the shade Pearl Fizz, a shimmering beige powder shadow from the palette designed for 'Tini Beauty by Hollywood makeup artist Rob Scheppy. It is a full sized shadow and retails for $12 on 'Tini Beauty's site. I have not tested this out but I am sure I am going to like it, I love having shimmery beige shadows that I can use for creating neutral eye looks or just swiping on by itself when I just want to wear minimal makeup.


The next item I got was a parfume sample from Joya. It is the Composition No. 1 Parfum Oil. JOYA Composition No. 1 is a luscious perfume oil in a beautiful and convenient roll-on travel-sized bottle: fruity, floral, creamy, citrus, a little musk, a lot refreshing. Perfume oil, unlike traditional alcohol-based fragrances, whispers instead of screaming. JOYA parfum realizes the true essences of its top, heart and drydown notes and gently absorbs on the skin of each wearer, making for an intimate and personal experience. Composition No. 1 interacts with your own chemistry and smells different on everyone and is sure to make an impression. This is a sample size and the full size retails for $30 on Joya's site. I have not tested this to see how I like the scent so we will see what happens.


The 3rd item I got was a ModelCo. Blush Cheek Powder in the shade Peach Bellini (a peachy pink). ModelCo’s BLUSH Cheek Powder creates a beaming, rosy glow to brighten every complexion. The micronized color pigments and luxurious, pressed powder delivers a sheer, natural radiance that lasts all day. I have not tried this item yet because just by looking at it I am wondering if it will be too dark for me but I will give it a try and see how I like it. This is a full sized product and it retails for $22 on ModelCo's site.


The next item I was a little excited to get because I have been wanting to try this brand out and see how I like it. This is the Cargo Mini Lip Gloss in the shade Anguilla. Its super high shine gloss delivers intense color payoff and locks in moisture to keep lips feeling hydrated. This longwearing lip gloss has a slick texture that feels creamy gliding over lips without being sticky. Ingredients such as Vitamin E and Jojoba Seed oil help increase lip moisture and decrease the appearance of furrows around the mouth while increasing lip volume to its maximum fullness. I have yet to try this item out as well (I'm a little behind this last week or so) but I think I am going to love it and I will probably wear it a lot, especially on the weekends when I wear minimal makeup. This is a sample size and the full size retails for $16 on Cargo's site.

The last item I got in my bag this month I was really excited about because I love trying out new brushes. This is the Luxie Beauty Large Angled Face Brush 504. This is such a soft brush and I am really liking it. The Luxie Rose Gold Large Angled Face Brush is a 100% Animal Cruelty Free brush with high quality synthetic hair bristles that are soft to the touch. With its Vegan makeup qualities from bristles to ferrule, this Rose Gold brush is a must have in your makeup collection. Coated with a revolutionary antibacterial solution for minimal brush cleansing, your brush remains fresh and clean for longer periods of time. The density of the brush allows for an even application without any wasted product and does not absorb the product into the bristles. This one retails for $8 right now on Luxie Beauty's site.

I absolutely loved everything I received in my Glambag this month and I can't wait to see what Ipsy has in store for us in March!!





*item descriptions taken from Ipsy site







No comments:

Post a Comment