Thursday, May 29, 2014

Zoya Cosmo

Today I have my first bottle of the Magical Pixie Dusts from Zoya. I managed to pick this one up at my local Ulta and it was the last one in the store.  When the Magical Pixie Dusts were first introduced I wasn't sure I was going to like them becuase these are more textured than the original Pixie Dusts and I just wasn't sure how I'd like the hex particles, but I seen this in a few manis from other bloggers and just love the sparkle of it. So I decided I had to try it out for myself. I mean, I shouldn't judge something before I try it, right?!

This is Cosmo. "Cosmo can be best described as a silver crystal sparkle, textured PixieDust with mega hex iridescent particles. Imagine the best-selling Zoya PixieDust formula amped up with larger glitter and the first ever holographic pixie particle - for a never before seen magical effect!"*


I would best describe this as silver textured polish with matte holographic glitter. I really wasn't sure how I was going to like these new Magical Pixies. I LOVE the original Pixie Dusts and when I seen that these have holographic glitter mixed in with the pixie formula I had a feeling that they were going to feel really rough and gritty. Boy was I wrong!!! For me to the touch these really do not feel any different than the original Pixie Dusts but they are sparklier! I have fallen in love with these as well!

The formula is great, same as the great original pixie formula. Application was smooth and easy. Pictures here show 2 easy coats of Cosmo with no basecoat and no topcoat. The dry time was actually fairly quick which was really nice. If you love the original Zoya PixieDust polishes I highly recommend you trying these if you haven't already, you'll love them.

Pictures were taken indoors with artificial lighting and no flash.

Zoya Magical Pixies can be purchased at Ulta stores, select salons, and as always on Zoya's site here. They retail for $10 for a full sized 0.5fl oz bottle.




* Description taken from Zoya site description of Cosmo

No comments:

Post a Comment