Thursday, December 26, 2013

OPI Alcatraz Rocks and Color Club Blue Heaven

Well, I am back! I'm still recovering from surgery and then to top it all off, I caught the nice flu bug that was going around. So this year for Christmas I was sick with the flu and didn't make it off of my couch much. But finally feeling better and hoping to be back to normal real soon, here's a post for you of a mani I did a couple weeks ago.

I have OPI Alcatraz Rocks from the San Francisco Collection. This one is one of their Liquid Sands and I can't remind you enough of how much I LOVE the textured polishes!!! Alcatraz Rocks is a navy/purple with shimmer in multiple colors. The shimmer that stood out most for me was a gold shimmer but there is more than just the gold in this one. The formula on this was amazing and the dry time was pretty good. I think it was dry to the touch in about 10-15 minutes.

I just can't say enough how much I freaking love the textured feel and look! This was 2 coats of Alcatraz Rocks over a base coat and no topcoat.

Then I decided I wanted to try out another beauty I received as a gift, one that I had been lusting after ever since I became obsessed with polish. Color Club Blue Heaven. This holo is GORGEOUS!!!!!!! It is a very pale blue holo. As you can see in this shot the beautiful rainbow that this holo gets when exposed to the sunlight. I wanted to wear both of these polishes so I just added Blue Heaven as an accent nail for this mani. I used 2 coats of Blue Heaven and added a top coat for added shine on this accent nail.

I don't know if I'll be able to handle a full on mani of Color Club Blue Heaven because it is so gorgeous and holo-rific that I don't think I'd get any work done. I'd be staring at my nails all day long, lol!! These pics (with the exception of the one below) were taken indoors with the natural light shining in my windows, no flash.


Here is another beautiful shot of these, look at that holo in the sun (this pic was taken outside in direct sunlight, no flash)! You can also see the gold shimmer stand out in Alcatraz Rocks in the sun too!! These were such a great compliment to each other and I loved wearing this mani.






1 comment:

  1. I like Blue Heaven Nail Polish very much and I prefer Blue Heaven Nail Polish.

    ReplyDelete