Tuesday, December 3, 2013

China Glaze Towel Boy Toy


This is China Glaze Towel Boy Toy. I also got this one as a gift in a gift exchange. I don't know what it is, I may be going through a teal and blue phase but I am loving this color. I believe this one came from the China Glaze Poolside neon collection from 2010. I love neons and couldn't wait to try out a blue "neon".


This one is a bright pretty sky blue with a subtle shimmer. It dries matte but once you add a topcoat to this it is GORGEOUS!!! With the topcoat the shimmer is more visible. I suppose you could also leave it matte if you were in the mood for a matte finish but in my opinion this one is so much more beautiful with a topcoat.


The formula was great, I rarely have any problems with the China Glaze formula. It applied evenly and without streaks. Shown here is 2 coats of Towel Boy Toy and then one coat of Out The Door topcoat to add shine and bring out the subtle shimmer. Pictures were taken indoors with natural lighting that was coming in through my window and no flash.


I am thinking this is going to be a nice base for some winter themed mani I am going to do as soon as my new snowflake stamping plate arrives. I also think it is going to be great for the summer and well, honestly I can think of many different manicures I can do with this color year round.

China Glaze polishes can be purchased at Ulta, some salons, select stores, and of course check out China Glaze's own site.



1 comment:

  1. This is a very beautiful color. I also like to say this color. It can fit very well in a spring or summary vibe when there is a top coat over it to create gloss. I don't like finishing it or squeezing it.

    ReplyDelete