Tuesday, March 31, 2015

March Ipsy Glam Bag

Today I am going to share my March Ipsy Glam Bag with you. This month's theme is Floral Fantasy.

For those of you who are not real familiar with Ipsy here's a little breakdown of what it is...Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription that you sign up for. It costs $10 a month and they bill you on the first of the month every month. Shipping usually starts around the middle of the month and they start giving out little sneak peeks of what is all going to be in the bags for the month. They start the sneak peeks around the first of the month. Right around the 10th or 12th of the month they open up your "Glam Room" and it will show you what you will be getting in your bag. You get roughly 5 products in your bags and the items they choose for you are somewhat based on the beauty quiz you take when you sign up. Each product is usually a deluxe sized sample and there is usually at least one item that is full sized. You can re-take the quiz at any time if you are not satisfied with the types of products you are getting. Your products are packed inside a cute little make-up bag that is designed for the theme for the month. If you are interested in signing up I will give you my link here. Check out this link for more information and to sign up.

As always included with your bag is a little card with the theme on it and either has more information about the theme, the Ipsy beauty vloggers, or inspirational quotes. The bag this month is a pretty blue floral print with the signature "Ipsy" zipper pull. The material of this bag is the same as last month's material, it's a nice coated fabric that is heavier than regular fabric.


The first item I got in my bag was this NYX Cosmetics Butter Lipstick in the shade Little Susie. This shade is kind of a pinky color. I love these lipsticks because not only are they affordable but they are very comfortable on your lips. They don't dry out my lips at all. This was a full sized product.


The second item I got was the Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Creme Oil. This is a luxurious styling crème made of the lines staple blend of soy, cocoa and argan oil. Soy Renewal Crème Oil gives lightweight conditioning and moisturizing that helps hair look and feel extra healthy! I have not tried this yet so I am not sure how well it works or if I like it. This was a travel sized product.


The third item I got is the Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter, this is formulated for light skin tone so it should work well on me. Chella says it is a neutral pencil that will brighten and visibly lift your eyes when lightly applied on the brow bone, dark circles, blemishes and red spots. In addition, this multi-purpose pencil can be used to brighten and “open” the eye area by applying to the water line and inner corners of the eye. I haven't used it yet but I am really looking forward to trying it out real soon! This is a full sized pencil.



My fourth item I got was the Dr. Brandt Skincare Pores No More Anti-aging Mattifying Lotion. This is a deluxe sample sized. This is a lightweight lotion formulated with apple stem cells to help delay the natural signs of aging by maintaining the longevity and activity of stem cells in the skin. Simultaneously, retinol stimulates new cell turnover and improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. They say it is "oil-free, helps delay the natural signs of aging by maintaining the longevity & activity of stem cells in the skin. Also stimulates new cell turnover, improving the appearance of lines & wrinkles and increases water reserves, limits water loss & improves lipid barrier function to balance moisture levels". I haven't tried it yet but I will be giving it a try real soon.


The final item I got was the Marsk Mineral Eyeshadow in the shade Lucky Penny. I believe this is a full sized product. They are 100% natural, mineral based loose powder. Featuring a creamy texture, this highly pigmented powder is easily blendable and offers the ability to create depth and intensity around the eye. I have not tried it out yet but it looks to be a copper color and I've heard it's really pigmented.


That is all I got in my bag this month and I was pleased with most of the items. The styling creme and mattifying lotion I'm not sure about yet but that's just because I have really sensitive skin so I'm always unsure of how my skin will react to something new. I am sure that I will use the mattifying lotion but I am just not sure how I will like the styling creme in my hair, I don't put a lot of stuff in my hair because it is fine and I don't want to weigh it down and I hate that when it does.

Stay tuned for next month's Ipsy Glam bag and I'm excited to see what the theme for April will be.










No comments:

Post a Comment