Thursday, January 29, 2015

January Ipsy Bag Unbagging

This month's theme for Ipsy is Start Fresh which I think is fitting for January, it's the start of a new year and an opportunity to start fresh with some things. The bag this month is very simple, it's made of a kind of heavy textured vinyl. It has a orange zipper with the signature "Ipsy" zipper pull and it's white on one side and a royal blue on the opposite side. It's very different and yet so simple at the same time in my opinion.

For those of you who are not real familiar with Ipsy here's a little breakdown of what it is...Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription that you sign up for. It costs $10 a month and they bill you on the first of the month every month. Shipping usually starts around the middle of the month and they start giving out little sneak peeks of what is all going to be in the bags for the month. They start the sneak peeks around the first of the month. Right around the 10th or 12th of the month they open up your "Glam Room" and it will show you what you will be getting in your bag. You get roughly 5 products in your bags and the items they choose for you are somewhat based on the beauty quiz you take when you sign up. Each product is usually a deluxe sized sample and there is usually at least one item that is full sized. You can re-take the quiz at any time if you are not satisfied with the types of products you are getting. Your products are packed inside a cute little make-up bag that is designed for the theme for the month. If you are interested in signing up I will give you my link here. Check out this link for more information and to sign up.

The first item I received in my bag was an item I actually already own but I'm happy to have another one. It is the Real Techniques Fine Liner Brush. It is "the ultimate tool for precision application of liquid or cream eyeliner. The ultra-plush synthetic bristles are hand-cut and 100% cruelty free. Its extended aluminum handle is light and easy to use to make you look pixel-perfect even in the harshest of lights!" I have actually not tried this brush out yet (not even the one I already owned) but I plan to try it out real soon. I have a feeling I am going to love this for perfecting my application of liquid, cream, or gel liner.

Then next item I received in my bag was the J. Cat Beauty Fantabulous Gel Liner. I was really excited to get this item because I have been wanting to try out gel liner. I used to be horrible at eye liner application no matter what I tried but now with practice I'm starting to get better. Now I want to perfect my winged liner look. This gel liner is intense yet it has a smooth creamy texture that lasts all day long and is smudge-proof! The color I got was Blue Black which I am assuming (because I haven't tried it yet) is like a jet black shade.

The next item I got I think will go well with my new gel liner. It is the Pacifica Natural Mineral Coconut Eyeshadow in the shade Ethereal which is a shimmery champagne shade. This has an "incredibly innovative formula that pushes natural makeup and mineral color to new bounds. Rich, lasting, creaseless eye shadows are infused with coconut water for a velvety, cream-like finish. Formulated without: Phthalates, parabens, carmine, beeswax, lanolin, mineral oils, propylene glycol, petroleum and FD& C colors (along with other nasties you do not want on your skin). No animal testing. Gluten-free, 100% vegan and cruelty-free." I can't wait to use this along with the liner I got!

I also received the Manna Kadar Cosmetics Sheer Glo shimmer lotion. It is an incandescent liquid that lights up skin with all over radiance. Mix with foundation or wear alone to provide a luminous glow for all skin types. An especially amazing product for mature or dry skin. Sheer Glo provides a youthful glow and dewy finish. Use on face and/or body and get glowing." I'm not sure if I will use this much but I might try to play around with it. I did rub some on the back of my hand and it did have a nice glow without being overwhelming with shimmer or glitter.

The last item I got in my bag was something that I'm not sure I will use but I'll hang on to it because you never know when I'll want something like this to add to my skincare routine. It is the Nourish Organic Renewing Eye Cream. It says it "provides rich hydration to the delicate skin around the eyes. This powerful product will leave your eyes looking brighter, smoother and younger looking. The Key Ingredients are:
• Avocado Oil - Restores and protects skin, while helping retain clarity and brightness.
• Moroccan Argan Oil - Packed with restorative omega fatty acids to intensely hydrate and replenish.
• Shea Butter - Deeply moisturizes and softens skin."

I had been debating on whether or not I wanted to cancel my Ipsy subscription because I was starting to accumulate a lot of stuff that I haven't used yet but when I seen what I was getting in my Glam Room I was very pleased with the products and knew that I couldn't quit!







No comments:

Post a Comment