Friday, January 23, 2015

Lime Crime Velvetines in Cashmere


Today I am sharing with you my latest lippie obsession. This is the Lime Crime Velevetines Matte Liquid Lipstick in the shade Cashmere. Cashmere is described as a greige (beige/grey). This one does look different on everyone in my opinion. It just depends on your skin tone on how it's going to look on you. I am totally loving this one and have been wearing it for like the last week to work.


Lime Crime Velvetines has a ground breaking formula that goes on liquid and dries completely matte. They are touch-proof, transfer-proof, and long wearing. I have worn this several times and I can honestly say that it really is transfer-proof and long wearing. I have put it on in the morning and didn't have to retouch at all during my work day (I work about 9 hours a day), I have even still had it on when I went to wash my make up off at the end of the day. It really is comfortable and doesn't feel like my lips are dry or uncomfortable.


This shade was one that sold out quickly when it first came available and I was lucky and got one as soon as they restocked at the beginning of July. As of today it is still available on Lime Crime's site. The Velvetines are available in 9 shades with a new one coming soon. I would love to purchase a couple more because I am really into a matte lip lately and these really hold up all day long. I am thinking of getting Red Velvet (the perfect matte red), Suedeberry(a matte coral red), and Pink Velvet (bright matte pink). I'm also thinking of the new shade that is coming out soon Riot, Riot will be an earthy reddish-brown matte. Utopia (a matte vibrant orchid) and Pansy (a true, rich velvety purple) are two others that have caught my eye but I am just really not sure how they will look on me. They have a nice doe foot applicator and I love that the tube is frosted with the pretty pink flowers on the red cap of the applicator.


As you can see in the swatch picture above, Cashmere is listed as a greige but with my skin tone it has a little mauvey tone to it. I love the way it looks on me and I really love the feel of it on my lips. I highly recommend that if you love a matte lip you should most definitely try the Velvetines from Lime Crime. Below is a swatch pic of it on my lips. That matte finish of it does sort of accentuate the lines in my lips but that doesn't bother me, I'm still going to wear this baby every chance I get.


Lime Crime is based in Los Angeles, California and their products are only available through their site. You can check their site out here. The Velvetines Lipsticks retail for $20 plus shipping or if you spend $50 or more you get free shipping. Below is a selfie with me wearing Cashmere on my lips. It really is the perfect matte nude lip!








1 comment:

  1. Lovely post :) Check out my lifestyle blog if you have a minute :) embracethelonelylife.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete