Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Pops of Neon Mani

Today I have a cute little mani that I did not long ago on myself and my sister. This is a really simple mani to create and you don't even need to have some dotting tools to do it. You can use a few things that you may have lying around your house to create the dots, you could use a bobby pin, the tip of a pencil, or the end of one of those stick pins that have the pearl ball on the end for sewing.

For these I put down our base coats (I honestly can't remember what I used for the base coats but I think it was either my Sally Hansen nail strengthener or Zoya Anchor). Once the base coats were dry I put on 2 coats of Zoya Willa from the Holiday 2014 Wishes Collection. I love this because it is such a beautiful black cream.

When our color Willa was dry I took my little pots of acrylic neon paints and dipped my dotting tools in the colors I wanted and placed those dots around the nails as you see here. I love using acrylic paint for my nail art because it dries fast so I don't have to wait as long to apply my topcoat and worry about smudging.

For my mani I wanted to keep mine shiny so I added a topcoat of Out The Door to mine and let them dry. For my sister's I used the Sally Hansen Big Matte Topcoat to make hers a matte finish. We let our nails dry and voila!

These were so fun and easy to do that I am going to try something like this again for the summer, I just haven't figured it all out yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment