Friday, June 27, 2014

Simple Nail Art with Cult Nails

Things have been super crazy out at the Midwest Lacquered Momma farm and household so I've just got something super simple for you today. I did this because I needed a mani but didn't have a lot of time to do something more.

I started out with a "clean slate" and used Cult Nails Tempest. This is an amazing white that Maria created. If you do it right it can be a one coater, it's also self leveling so you don't get those nasty streaks. I always do 2 coats just because sometimes I'm a little shaky and I like that second coat to smooth things out for me. Since I was in a hurry I added a topcoat of Cult Nails Wicked Fast fast dry topcoat. This stuff is awesome and I'm sad I'm almost out and can't place an order yet. :(

I wore this beautiful white as is for a couple days, nice and crisp and clean. But then after a couple days I was getting the itch to add to it, unfortunately I was at my Mom's out of town and didn't have my mani supplies with me so I dug around in her stuff to see what I could find.

I found some really cute star nail stickers and some rhinestones. AH-HA!!! Something to work with!! I applied the cute stars nail sticker to my pointer fingers and then took some Cult Nails Nevermore and added one single dot on each of my ring fingers. I then proceeded to arrange some teal and hot pink rhinestones around the dot to create a flower. Once I had everything arranged I added a top coat of Wicked Fast again to seal everything in and added it to the other nails as well as a shine refresher. Voila!! A simple easy nail art fix!!

Cult Nails polishes and treatments can be purchased here.


No comments:

Post a Comment