Thursday, September 19, 2013

Philly Loves Lacquer "Roll On for Ataxia" and Fighting Ataxia


As many of you know from my previous post. I partnered up with Esther from Philly Loves Lacquer and we created "Roll On for Ataxia" to help raise money for research for Ataxia. A portion of total sales of "Roll On for Ataxia" will go to the National Ataxia Foundation to help fund research. This cause is very dear to me. Ataxia affects some very important people in my life. You can read more of our story here.


My husband Kevin has SCA2 (Spinacerebellar Ataxia Type 2) and so does his 15yr old son August, as well as many other members of his family. Watching August and Kevin go through the struggles that they encounter everyday has made me realize that not only is life short and you should live everyday to it's fullest, but I should try and do what I can to help find a cure so that other families do not have to go through the struggles and heartache we go through.


August has already lived way beyond when the doctors said he would. Hah! What do doctors know! But we do realize that everyday could be our last with him. We are thankful everyday he wakes up because then we have a new day and we are thankful at the end of that day for the day we had. Kevin isn't as advanced in the disease as August and it's a mystery as to why August developed it so early and why he progressed so quickly but I do realize that my time with Kevin is short as well. I am thankful for everyday I have with them.


Partnering up with Philly Loves Lacquer and creating "Roll On for Ataxia" is my way to help raise money for research. So now for the moment you all have been waiting for....let me show you how lovely this creation turned out! Esther really outdid herself with this one. I also want to say that when we were brainstorming this polish every idea I had for it, Esther said it. Every step of the way it was almost like she was reading my mind! To me it just meant that "Roll On for Ataxia" was meant to be!


In honor of International Ataxia Awareness Day, we decided to make "Roll On for Ataxia", with a portion of proceeds from total sales going to the National Ataxia Foundation for research. Roll On is a white crelly base with a mix of light blue hex, light blue hearts, matte turquoise hex (small and large), turquoise hearts and dots, aqua daisies, matte grey dots, and white micro bars. I have it over a base of white. The application was smooth and easy! I didn't have to manipulate the larger glitter either. This is two coats of Roll On over white.

International Ataxia Awareness Day is September 25, 2013. For more information please visit the National Ataxia Foundation's site.


"Roll On for Ataxia" goes on sale on Philly Loves Lacquer's Etsy shop on September 25th so don't miss out! And don't worry, we'll remind you so you don't forget, lol! I hope you all enjoy this one as much as I do! Plus as an extra special bonus Esther sent me an extra bottle to give away to one of you special followers so check out that post as well and enter the giveaway to win your own bottle of "Roll On for Ataxia"!






No comments:

Post a Comment