Thursday, April 16, 2015

April Ipsy Glam Bag

Today I am going to share with you what I got in my Ipsy April Glam Bag.

For those of you who are not real familiar with Ipsy here's a little breakdown of what it is...Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription that you sign up for. It costs $10 a month and they bill you on the first of the month every month. Shipping usually starts around the middle of the month and they start giving out little sneak peeks of what is all going to be in the bags for the month. They start the sneak peeks around the first of the month and you can see those on their Facebook and Instagram pages. Right around the 10th or 12th of the month they open up your "Glam Room" and it will show you what you will be getting in your bag. You get roughly 5 products in your bags and the items they choose for you are somewhat based on the beauty quiz you take when you sign up. Each product is usually a deluxe sized sample and at least one of the items is full sized. You can re-take the quiz at any time if you are not satisfied with the types of products you are getting. Your products are packed inside a cute little make-up bag that is designed for the theme for the month. If you are interested in signing up I will give you my link here. Check out this link for more information and to sign up.

As always included with your bag is a little card with the theme on it and either has more information about the theme, the Ipsy beauty vloggers, or inspirational quotes. This month the theme is "Beautifully Bohemian". The bag is a really pretty woven "straw" like bag with pops of color weaved in. It also has the signature Ipsy zipper pull. I am really liking this bag and I think it is one of my favorites that I've gotten so far.

The first product I received in my Ipsy bag is this Julie G nail polish in the shade Damsel. This is a beautiful mid-tone pink creme. I have never tried this brand before but have heard lots of good things about them. I was so happy to get this in my bag and I love it. I will just say that I am definitely going to be buying some more Julie G polishes as soon as I can! This retails for $3.99.

The next item I got was this Mullein & Sparrow Mini Lip & Cheek Tint. It is a all natural sheer, tinted balm. As you can see from my swatch above, there really is not tint or sheer color to it. On me it is just a clear glossy balm. I do still love it and I will use it frequently. It feels really good on my lips. It is 0.25 oz and from what I can see on their site is this is the only size it is available in and retails for $10.

The 3rd item I got was the Pandora's Makeup Box Blush in the shade Carnation Pink which is a peachy pink matte blush. It had a silky texture and was very pigmented. I have not tried this one out on my face yet but I have a feeling that with a light hand this will look beautiful on. This appears to be the blush refill only but on their site you have the option to purchase it with a magnetic refillable box. The blush refill only retails for $14 and if you want the magnetic refillable box with it then it retails for $18, so the box is only an additional $4 which isn't bad since you can refill the box and save on the waste when it's empty.

The 4th item I got was theBalm Cosmetics Nude Dude Eyeshadow Single in the shade Fit which is a shimmering copper. It is very smooth and nicely pigmented, it can be applied dry or wet for a different look. I haven't worn this yet but I know I'm going to like it and will use it often. From what I could tell on their site is that these shadows are not available individually but they are a part of a pallet of 12 shades which retails for $36.

The last item I got was this MicaBeauty Eye Primer. It is perfect for sealing in eye shadows and foundation, it can enhance your look, go from shimmer to matte in seconds. It is waterproof and is long lasting and smudge proof. This is a a 4g pot and the full size is 8g/0.3oz. It retails for $44.95 for a full sized pot on their site. I'm glad I got this one because I am almost out of eye primer and now I don't have to go out and purchase some more.

I am very pleased with everything that I received in my Glam Bag this month and I can see myself using every product.




No comments:

Post a Comment