Thursday, January 22, 2015

Zoya Chevron Skittle Mani

Today I just have a pretty simple skittle mani using some Zoya shades I have. I had been sick for a week with a nasty chest cold that was totally kicking my butt when I did this but I was sick of seeing my nails naked so I mustered up every ounce of energy I had to do my nails. I wanted to do something more detailed for the nail art but I couldn't stop coughing enough to get my hand to be steady enough for free hand nail art.

I started out with my base coat of Sally Hansen Maximum Growth and then put Zoya Willa from the Wishes Collection on my thumb, pointer finger, and pinky finger. I then put Zoya Purity on my middle finger and Zoya Trixie on my ring finger.


I then took my mini chevron nail vinyls that I got from Linda at Nail Vinyls. I love her stencils/nail vinyls for making some nail art so simple and easy to do. It's so easy that anyone can do it. I put the mini chevron nail vinyls on my middle finger leaving an open space in between each one so that when I remove them the white below will show through.


I then took my small striping brush and painted Willa and Trixie alternating in the open spots between the nail vinyls. As soon as I was finished painting Willa and Trixie on I removed the nail vinyls to reveal my finished look.


I waited a little bit for the colors to dry on my chevrons so that when I applied my top coat of Out The Door they would not smear.

Zoya polishes can be purchased at Ulta stores, select salons, and Zoya's site here. Regular Zoya polishes retail for $9 each and their PixieDusts retail for $10 each. I hope you liked this mani and hopefully I'll be feeling well enough soon to do some more nail art for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment