Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

I've got another Kat Von D product to share with you and I am so excited to share! I don't know if I've told you before but I have Rosacea on my face. Rosacea is a hyperpigmentation of the skin usually on the forehead, nose/apples of the cheeks, and chin area. It looks like you are just either rosy or really red depending on how your skin is that day. I do tend to get a little dryer in these areas in the winter months too. The amount of redness I have varies every day depending on how my skin is feeling, what I'm doing, and factors like that. I know that after I wash my face it's really red and looks like I was super harsh on scrubbing but I wasn't.


Because of my Rosacea I've been on the hunt for a good foundation that gives me an even skintone, covers my Rosacea, and doesn't look cakey or irritate my skin. One day I decided to stop in to my local Sephora and ask the girls working what they would suggest for me and the girl helping me (the service I got there was AMAZING) suggested the Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation. It is a high-pigment foundation for full coverage with a long-lasting, beautiful finish. "Kat created this foundation to provide exceptional coverage, without compromising a smooth, striking finish. Formulated with 21 percent pigment, this powerful formula was developed to match a broad range of skintones with bold coverage—the proprietary pigments can even effectively cover tattoos. The combination of raw materials and the best siliconic elastomers and siliconic esters provide 24-hour wear with transfer resistance. Natural polymers absorb oil for a matte, soft finish and the added emollients provide a velvety texture for perfectly smooth, hydrated skin."*

It is without parabens and synthetic fragrances. It does not irritate my skin and when used with a foundation primer it gave me amazingly smooth coverage that lasted all day long! I have used it without a primer (only because I was in a hurry and forgot to apply my primer) and still had great coverage and it still lasted all day long. I love that it doesn't move around my face after hours of wear and I don't get shiny halfway through the day.


The above photo is a side by side of my face without any makeup on to give you an idea of what this stuff has to cover. You can see on the left that my chin, just above my eyebrows, and the apples of my cheeks are rosy but not real red (this is a good day, no flare ups). I took that picture before bed in the bathroom with flash. The photo on the left is my face with a complete makeup look that I did for work. You can see that my face is smooth and the tone is even and smooth looking. You can see no trace of the redness I have underneath. The photo below is just the same picture that is on the right in the above photo but it's the full face shot. Again I cannot say it enough, I LOVE the coverage of this foundation and it is one that I will definitely be re-purchasing again before I run out of this one.


 This is a bottle with a pump on it and it retails for $34 which I think is a good price for such a great product. I apply mine with a blending brush and you have to blend it quickly because it sets really fast. I have heard other people say that it also blends really well with a beauty blender but I don't have a beauty blender to try and let you know what I think. I am in the shade Light 45 and this has a wide range of shades for people of all skin tones. You can purchase this on Sephora's site or in Sephora stores. I recommend going to the store the first time you purchase it so that you can get matched for the correct shade.


*description taken from Sephora's site.



No comments:

Post a Comment