Thursday, November 20, 2014

November Ipsy Glambag


Today I am going to show you what I received in my November Ipsy Glambag. There were a couple things I really liked and was excited about but there were also a couple things that I was kind of "meh" about. I'll show you everything and tell you what I thought. This month's theme was "Girl Meets Glitter" The bag was really cute and even though it's all glittery, it's a "vinyl" bag so there is no glitter to come off on everything. I love the bag, it's really cute.

For those of you who are not real familiar with Ipsy here's a little breakdown of what it is...Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription that you sign up for. It costs $10 a month and they bill you on the first of the month every month. Shipping usually starts around the middle of the month and they start giving out little sneak peeks of what is all going to be in the bags for the month. They start the sneak peeks around the first of the month. Right around the 10th or 12th of the month they open up your "Glam Room" and it will show you what you will be getting in your bag. You get roughly 5 products in your bags and the items they choose for you are somewhat based on the beauty quiz you take when you sign up. Each product is usually a deluxe sized sample and there is usually at least one item that is full sized. You can re-take the quiz at any time if you are not satisfied with the types of products you are getting. Your products are packed inside a cute little make-up bag that is designed for the theme for the month. If you are interested in signing up I will give you my link here. Check out this link for more information and to sign up.

The first item in my bag was the It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye concealer. This is just a deluxe sample size. I have heard great things about it and was really excited to try it. It says that "it's infused with anti-aging technology, vitamins and high-performance pigments, this multipurpose concealer improves the appearance of wrinkles and effectively conceals the appearance of skin imperfections including dark circles, bags, redness, hyperpigmentation, broken capillaries, age spots and discoloration. Finally an extreme concealer that makes you look younger! How to use: Warm it up by placing a dot-size amount on the back of your hand and rubbing gently with the tip of your finger. Tap this concealer directly onto your under eye area, over blemishes or to other areas of concern that you wish to conceal. Blend by smoothing the product over your skin using circular motions with your favorite IT Cosmetics brush. A little goes a long way and this formula is completely buildable, so for more coverage, simply repeat the process." I have used it a couple times and I do find that it does work very well for concealing my dark circles and it really does stay put. I'm going to use it a few more times before I decide if I'm going to buy the full sized product. I've been on the hunt for a great concealer. The full size product retails for $24 for .28fl oz.



The next item I got was SeaRx Micro-Dermabrasion Face & Beauty Scrub. This was an item that I really wasn't too excited about. As I've said before I have really sensitive skin so I am always leary about trying new skin care products. They say that you can "exfoliate your whole body with this all-over scrub, which utilizes an advanced crystal blend system. The gentle scrub effectively exfoliates, removes dead cells and reveals softer, healthier skin. Featuring minerals and extracts, the formula improves skin tone and leaves you with smoother, firmer looking skin." Maybe I'll just try it out on a body part and see how it works instead of trying it on my face, but then again I am really curious to see how well this would work on my face. This is a deluxe sample size and a full size retails for $32 for 100g of product.



The 3rd item I got was the Marc Anthony Oil Of Morocco Argan Oil Volume Shine Hairspray. This was one of the items I was excited to try because I love hairsprays to tame my fly-aways and with the argan oil it nourish my hair. They say that you can "get extra volume, shine and hold with this dual purpose hairspray; nourishing and styling in one! This argan oil, keratin and grape seed oil infused hairspray gives you strong and flexible hold plus deep nourishment, strengthening and conditioning as you style. The non-water based, fast drying formula freeze-frames your volume and hold without stickiness or flaking and it’s flexible finish creates workable styles for easy re-styling without crunch or heavy build-up. It creates a luminous finish and shields against humidity for longer lasting styles. Sun Protectors keep the sun and other elements from damaging your full bodied mane." I haven't tried it out yet but I will be real soon and I'm sure I'm going to love it. This is a deluxe sample size and a full size retails for $8.29 for 9oz at Walgreens.



The 4th item I got in my bag was the Starlooks lip gloss in the shade Guilty Pleasure. It says that "Starlooks Lip Glosses are created with a truly moisturizing, luxury, non-sticky formula. This neutral-rose, yet glamorous shade provides the perfect glisten for any lip look and complements any skin tone! Can be worn alone or in combination with other Starlooks lip products for a truly customizable finish." I have tried this out (and forgot to take a pic for you guys) and I really liked it. It's a nice light rose shade that is perfect for a light make-up day. It wasn't sticky just like it says it isn't and I really felt like that after it wore off my lips were still nice and soft, it didn't dry them out. I really loved this product and may purchase the full size in the future. This is a deluxe sample and a full size retails for $13 on Starlooks' site.

The last item I got in my bag was the Be A Bombshell Eye Base in the shade Submissive. This is an item that it was kind of meh about. It says that "this eye base is a highly pigmented, long-lasting product that can be used as a single cream color or used as an eye base to build color. Bombshell Application: Apply lightly with fingertip to create a natural finish. Layer for added color. Bombshell Tip: Create a more intense look by layering with a powder eyeshadow." It's kind of a gold shade and I'm just not sure if I'll use it. Who knows, maybe I'll try it out or maybe I'll just pass it on to someone else. I haven't decided yet. This is a full sized product and it retails for $14 on Be A Bombshell's site.

That's all I got in my Ipsy bag this month. Overall I was pleased with it and for $10 a month you really can't go wrong. I can't wait to see what they've got in store for December! Stay tuned and I'll show you what I get next month!!










No comments:

Post a Comment