Wednesday, October 1, 2014

HIKARI Cabernet Lipstick Review

In September I got my Ipsy bag and inside one of the items was this beautiful lipstick from a brand called Hikari. I had never heard of the brand before but when I seen it in the sneak peeks for the month I had hoped I would get it in my bag. I did receive a full sized lipstick in my Ipsy bag and this is such a beautiful color. I couldn't wait to try it on.

This is Cabernet, it is such a gorgeous berry/wine red and I think it has that nice subtle undertone that makes your teeth look a little whiter. I love wearing it and I think it compliments my skin tone very well. It went on smoothly. I found that it has a nice matte finish and I have never tried a matte finish lipstick before because I've always been afraid that it would dry out my lips. This one does not dry my lips out and I have found that it really has some staying power. I didn't have it come off my lips while I ate until I wiped my mouth on my napkin, I probably should have dabbed my mouth and then saved my lipstick but I wasn't thinking. I don't really notice much coming off on my pop can when I drink. I am really loving this lipstick and thinking I may have to purchase another just so I have a backup!!

Now on to the swatch pic. I also want to note that I really didn't notice any feathering with this one either.



For those of you who are not real familiar with Ipsy here's a little breakdown of what it is...Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription that you sign up for. It costs $10 a month and they bill you on the first of the month every month. Shipping usually starts around the middle of the month and they start giving out little sneak peeks of what is all going to be in the bags for the month. They start the sneak peeks around the first of the month. Right around the 10th or 12th of the month they open up your "Glam Room" and it will show you what you will be getting in your bag. You get roughly 5 products in your bags and the items they choose for you are somewhat based on the beauty quiz you take when you sign up. Each product is usually a deluxe sized sample and there is usually at least one item that is full sized. You can re-take the quiz at any time if you are not satisfied with the types of products you are getting. Your products are packed inside a cute little make-up bag that is designed for the theme for the month. If you are interested in signing up I will give you my link here. Check out this link for more information and to sign up.

Hikari products can be purchased on their site here. The lipstick retails for $13 on the site and they have other cosmetic products for you to check out.


No comments:

Post a Comment