Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Comparison: Maybelline vs. Hard Candy

So while I was shopping at my local WalMart the other day I always stop in the cosmetics department to see what's new. Now I know these aren't real new but I hadn't seen them before. I seen the Maybelline Color Show Polka Dots collection and this beauty caught my eye.

It is called Clearly Spotted and it's a black and white glitter topper. In this one it is micro, small, and medium black and white hex glitter. I'm a sucker for a black and white glitter! At first I thought "this looks so much similar to many other black and white glitters and I already have the Hard Candy Black Tie Optional, do I really need this one?" Then I looked closer, there was no bar glitter in there! I had to have this one!!

After I got home I figured I'd do a comparison between the Black Tie Optional (BTO) and Clearly Spotted, so I put on Clearly Spotted right away. They are somewhat similar but yet different at the same time. I was in love. Application was easier than the BTO and I was in love! Placement of the glitter was super easy and I didn't really have to "place" it, it just fell into place nicely.

The Hard Candy Black Tie Optional has micro, small, medium, and large black and white hex glitter as well as black bar glitter. Even though I love this look, I find the bar glitter difficult to work with and it never stays down. A few days after wear I will notice the ends of the bar glitter are starting to lift. I'm also not a huge fan of the large hex glitter but maybe that's because I have small nail beds so it looks huge on me.

I have to say, between the two the Clearly Spotted is my favorite just because I'm not a big fan of the bar glitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment