Thursday, June 13, 2013

Textured Polishes Compared

I thought I would do a little comparison post between the different textured polish brands that are out there. I am going to compare the OPI Liquid Sands, Zoya Pixie Dusts, and the Sally Hansen Sugar Coat in this post. The picture above was taken right after application so you can see that they are still wet and haven't dried to their "textured" finish.


I have from thumb to pinky: Zoya Pixie Dust in Stevie, OPI Magazine Cover Mouse Liquid Sand, OPI Solitaire Liquid Sand, again Zoya Pixie Dust Stevie, and Sally Hansen Sugar Coat Cherry Drop. The OPI and Zoyas both have glitter in them to give them that sparkle that everyone loves so much. The Sally Hansen has no glitter and is just a textured finish, similar to the China Glaze Texture collection.

The OPI and Zoyas have a smooth "beach sand" like finish to the touch and the Sally Hansen has a rougher texture kind of like concrete. I found that the OPI and the Sally Hansen both collected dirt on the surface of them over time but the Zoya looked as fabulous as the moment I put it on and it was dry. Removal on all of these was the same. I use a cotton ball soaked with acetone and then apply it to the nail and let it sit for a few minutes. Then I simply wipe it off from cuticle to end and it nearly all comes off in one swipe. You just have to go along the edges and grab the very little bit that didn't come off in the one swipe.

I would have to say that if I had to rank them from my favorite on down I would put the Zoya Pixie Dusts at the top being my absolute favorite, then the OPI Liquid Sands come in second, the China Glaze Textures (not pictured) next, and my least favorite were the Sally Hanse Sugar Coat. My reasoning for putting the Sugar Coats as my least favorite was simply because it stained the worst and collected the most dirt and grime.

I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I did creating it and I hope that it provided you with all the information you wanted. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment